Attachment, Change Ownership, and Turret Control

scubazoo

Reaction score
Hi,

There are numerous threads about controlling turrets and I was wondering if this would be a solution. Could a unit, such as one with a turret model, be attached to say, a tank? Suppose both units are neutral. Then, when a player owned unit steps on a point on map, such as in a region, change ownership of the attached turret to that player, enable its attacks, and then the player controls the turret? Then, if the player owned unit moves from that spot, disable ownership of the turret, and disable its attacks. But, how do you attach a unit to another unit? Thanks.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I don't think you can attach a unit to another unit (at least not through conventional means). If you want to use a separate model for the turret then you would need to attach an Actor, but this would not allow you to have seperate ownership.

I assume you were thinking of something like having one player to 'drive' the tank and another player to fire the weapons? You could do it by 'faking' the controls such that each player was controlling a separate unit but the commands given to it would actually give the same order to a neutral tank.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.