Auto-Cast disabling

Z

Zabouin

i'v made an abillity out of bloodlust, and made it that it can only be cast on the hero, however..when he fight..even if its autocasting he dont buff himself.. and i can't remove auto-cast. If its possible to make him buff himself when fighting than i rather keep autocast, if not, can i disable this?

also, if i delete the text in level 1,2,3 - text - tooltip - turn off:|cffc3dbffRight-click to activate auto-casting.|r
level 1,2,3 - text - tooltip - turn off - extended:|cffc3dbffRight-click to activate auto-casting.|r

when i test the map..the skill has completly no tooltip at all and when i use the abillity it wrote like Wo or % or 2lll/p and wierd stuff like that.

thanks!

Z

Zabouin

Lol DOH! good idea! i'v been searching all night long..thx. but is it ever possible to disable this? it was part of my thread too =) and was wondering.

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
I don't think its possible to disable autocast but you can make a dummy spell that creates a dummy caster that casts the buff on the target.

The dummy spell obviously wouldn't have autocast.

Septimus

Reaction score
Did you mean removing the auto-cast which the player right click the icon of the skill and it would auto-cast it ?

If you mean that, I think you can remove it at object editor.

1) Go to object editor and check the abilities list
2) Then art-icon-turn set to none
3) Text hotkey turn off set to none by clicking backspace button.

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
> If you mean that, I think you can remove it at object editor.

No, you can't do that. It won't change anything. Use Ziggy method. You need a dummy to cast an autocast spell.

Code:
Event
 A unit starts the effect of an ability
Condition
 Ability being cast Equal to YourAbility <-- [I]This ability is based off something that can't autocast[/I]
Actions
 Unit - Create 1 Footman for Owner of (Triggering Unit) at Position of (Triggering unit) facing default facing
 Unit - Add Bloodlust to (Last created unit)
 Unit - Set level of Bloodlust for (Last created unit) to level of YourAbility for (Triggering unit)
 Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Bloodlust ([B]Triggering unit[/B] OR [B]Target ability being cast[/B]) <-- [I]The bolded part is your choice[/I]
 Unit - Add 2 seconds Expiration timer to (Last created unit)
 Unit - Hide (Last created unit)

Z

Zabouin

Solved.

Thanks for the trigger, it would be another way to go, but since i am new with triggers i tryed berserk and its the perfect result i wanted. Its not auto-cast, its instant cast (the hero keep walking instead of stop and cast) and its self-only. thanks both of you guys.

by the way Septimus, Art-Icon-Turn Off: if left blank, it leave a green wierd icon if u right click(enable)auto-casting the spell.
What i meant was to either disable completly auto-cast so this spell CAN'T be auto-casted or fix the problem that my hero could'nt buff himself when fighting, has shamans does with bloodlust. Thanks though =)

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.