Auto Spawn, rotate buildings, camera height

Stevern

Reaction score
So im new to World Editor and i was wondering hwo to do many things for my rpg map such as Auto Spawn, Like when all units in a region are killed mroe automatically spawn, also how do u rotate buildings i forgot how :p and finaly does anyone know how to set the height for the viewers camera, like if you guys played swat aftermath they allow you to change the camera view. Also will any pro world editors be willing to help me make my rpg map

polo2005

Wana start playing LoL? http://tinyurl.com/369as27
Reaction score
hello stevern
for the spawning part, i'm quit unsure what you mean, do you want the units to respawn at the position they died at or where they were placed from the beginning?
you cant rotate buildings, however you can try making it classified as a unit, and try to rotate it by selecting it and holding ctrl (if i remeber correctly).
rpg is higlhy time consuming and i'm not quit sure anyone would just hook up on it without a more structuring plan such as map overlay, systems, hero plans, and the little extra that makes it special. If you dont have any big experiance about mapmaking i sugest doing something else than a rpg.

Smitty

Reaction score
For something as broad and basic as this I suggest you read some of the beginner tutorials in the 'world editor tutorials' section (left hand side, near the top of the page), or search the forum for similar questions. Also, the way I found it best to learn the vey basics was to look at the editor myself, and see what I could find. Something like regularly creating units isn't hard to figure out, and if you can learn even a bit of it for yourself by having a try, you'll learn more for it. Try just getting a unit to spawn regularly first using the trigger editor, then complicate the situation by running checks. Always make a trigger one step at a time when you begin so you can identify which parts of it work and which don't.
I'll give you one useful pointer; the trigger editor is the best tool we have, and it uses events, conditions and actions. Events start a trigger running, conditions check that everything is as it should be before the trigger runs the actions, and the actions are what the trigger actually DOES. Learn the basics of this then come back to the forum, we'll be able to help you better if you can understand the basics of what we're saying.

Good luck, and welcome to the WE :)

Stevern

Reaction score
Event- A unit dies
Condition- Number of units in (Units in region 000 <gen>)) equal to 0
Action- Unit: Create 10 Giant Rat (Custom Unit i made) For hostile neutral at (central of region 000 <gen>) facing (Random Point in (playable map area))

Thats how i did it for the rat spawn but when i killed the giant rats... they didnt spawn in the region.
Also for rotating buildings i remebered u can rotate it or it was a different way like i placed it down 4 times each facing different directions and i choose which direction i want but then this time it keeps facing one way... also how do i make it bird eye view... i did use the world editor help website but its not really that useful... thanks for helping btw :D i hope u guys will be beta testers but i still wonder how to do the camera the spawn? and yea i dont mind if they spawn in the same place or a different place but still in the region :D
Also can anyone tell me how to like, okay so i made a custom cloud and i want him to wear wings but im using attachments with triggers... i use the trigger
Event- Unit aquires an item so cloud must get teh item but thats not possible... can anyone pelase tell meh how ?

Smitty

Reaction score
Try settin your condition so the number of units matching type (giant rat) is 0. Or something like that. Otherwise any unit at all in that region will stop them spawning.

ZakkWylde-

Reaction score
oh ok thanks but what about the bird eye camera view .. =.=?

Along the toolbar at the top (with File, Edit, View, etc...) go all the way Advanced (7th one from the left), and choose View Entire Map (12th from top, for me). Then scroll in (to adjust zoom).

OR

Under File --> Configure Controls...
Find the functions of type: Camera - XXXXX
Use those hotkeys to change what you need.
(For some reason, they aren't working for me right now, but the first method will definitely work--and for future reference, looking at "Configure Controls..." will teach you some neat shortcuts--and you can even customize them! I still learn something new from it pretty much every time I look at it :p)

Stevern

Reaction score
Oh thanks alot :D hope u guys be my beta testers for my rpg map Lunar Rpg or can u guys help me make a Better name think"

Oh btw sorry but wat I meant was like bird eye view in the game not while editing :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.