Balancing Abilities

Yizzy

Reaction score
Yet another ey? :p

I've been working on a custom arena map (based of baka-ranger's custom hero system), and it has a lot of choosable abilities (currently 75), I made it for a LAN (tomorrow) and kinda had to rush it to be playable.. So the abilities aren't much balanced, I was wondering how experianced map makers balance their maps.. I'm not too bad with math ;), what factors should I take into my calculations..?

Of course you can balance a map by see people playing it, though I don't want to balance after how poeple choose to use the abilties, rather after the possible use of the abilties..

Any ideas?

+rep to anyone who provides an intresting argument or a good idea.. :D

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
well everytime i am creating abilitys (for my TD map in members forum for example) i calculate their damage/etc very easy. i always imagine if i were a player and i got those 4 or 5 different abilitys which one would i use most? and then why?
everytime you test your map (exspecialy if you test them) you try to do everything as fast as possible (kill creeps etc) which ability do you use most because its the most effective? if you got that one you know which ability is imbalanced.

you should make them all the same usefull, if you wont use an ability others wont do it either.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.