>Bandit Brawl: New Project

Tonks

Reaction score
Well, recently I lost about half of the files on my computer to something or other. I logged on yesterday to find most of my programs and files gone, though the folders were still there.
This also, unfortunately, took everything from my Warcraft III folder, including all my maps. My backups were in there, too. I've been able to recover most of them by downloading them from the places that I've uploaded them, though I lost my Pictionary map (which was almost at Release 1 stage), and my Murder at the Lake.

So.. I've decided to do a rather simple project. I'm gonna make a Footman-Wars styled map, though I'm going to change the name (Footman wars in my opinion has developed a bad name). I'm undecided on the name, though right now I'm calling it Bandit Brawl, and I'm basing all of the units off of Bandit types.

I finished the terrain last night and I reasonably balanced all of the heros. I created all the races (West Side Bandits, South Side Bandits, East Side Bandits, and North Side Bandits are the names of the races), and most of the heroes.

Total Progress:93%
-Terrain: 100%
-Triggers: 85%
-Units: 90%
-Balancing: 95%

Minimap Preview:
mmprev.jpg

Full Map View:
FullView.jpg

If you have any suggestions on what a Good footman wars type of map should have, please tell me.
I expect to have a beta for you all to test up sometime this week.

A

ApocRhino

If you want to make it good, make sure that the units or (bandits in this case) are actually used in late game, not like other footies maps were the heroes are basically the main point of game, they are all called footmen frenzy when it ends up beeing a hero battle. so just keep that in mind. and if you need a beta tester im up for it :) gl

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
I find the constant flow of 1 footman every few seconds in most footman frenzy maps is pretty frustrating, I think it'd be cooler if you have 'reinforcements' every 30 seconds, or whatever, which would be a small squad of bandits, 6 or so. It would bring more depth into the game as you would have to conserve these troops until the next reinforecements arrive, unlike having 200 footmen clogging your base all the time.

Tonks

Reaction score
If you want to make it good, make sure that the units or (bandits in this case) are actually used in late game, not like other footies maps were the heroes are basically the main point of game, they are all called footmen frenzy when it ends up beeing a hero battle. so just keep that in mind. and if you need a beta tester im up for it :) gl

Yea, I intend to make tomes obscenely expensive, and items less powerful.

I find the constant flow of 1 footman every few seconds in most footman frenzy maps is pretty frustrating, I think it'd be cooler if you have 'reinforcements' every 30 seconds, or whatever, which would be a small squad of bandits, 6 or so. It would bring more depth into the game as you would have to conserve these troops until the next reinforecements arrive, unlike having 200 footmen clogging your base all the time.

Good idea, I'll probably do that. Thanks for the feedback. :)

Linkoln

Reaction score
i say you treat units like money, and pass em around like a box of oreos.

Start with o say... 100 units in the map. Devide them among the amount of players. If a player kills a unit, another unit will spawns at the killers base.

You wanna buy a Tome? 15 units.
An overpowered weapon? 50 units.

When you buy something, the units are devided and sent to your enemys bases.

I think its a good balancing system. Its how my mana system works in 3Peoples.

With this, Footman Wars is a whole new game! :D

Cya on the other side :cool: ~Linkoln

Tonks

Reaction score
i say you treat units like money, and pass em around like a box of oreos.

Start with o say... 100 units in the map. Devide them among the amount of players. If a player kills a unit, another unit will spawns at the killers base.

You wanna buy a Tome? 15 units.
An overpowered weapon? 50 units.

When you buy something, the units are devided and sent to your enemys bases.

I think its a good balancing system. Its how my mana system works in 3Peoples.

With this, Footman Wars is a whole new game! :D

Cya on the other side :cool: ~Linkoln

Hm.. That's a good idea, though fairly complicated. I may add it in as an alternate mode in later versions, but right now I want to work on getting the simple first version out.

Thanks for the idea ;)

Tonks

Reaction score
*BumpaLump*

I tested it so far in a public game with one of my friends. I got a lot of comments on how it was lame because of the different unit spawn, and when I asked if they didn't like it simply because it was new and they weren't good at it yet, they left..

I think I'll continue with the 'reinforcements' idea you gave me, Nox, it really does make it simpler (And less laggy).
I also added a Mass-Move feature, that can move-attack all your units to the center or to any player's base. (Text-based; "-mass middle", "-mass red" etc)

I've decided to make this map as.. well.. flashy, as I could. I'm importing Custom models for all the heroes, and importing a Custom Loading Screen and Minimap Preview. This will, of course, make the map large, but I think it adds to the fun of the game a little bit.

A

ApocRhino

yo tonks are you on east or west or whatnot? i wana help test if its ok with you. ill be on later tonight like 9:00 or 10:00

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
*BumpaLump*

I tested it so far in a public game with one of my friends. I got a lot of comments on how it was lame because of the different unit spawn, and when I asked if they didn't like it simply because it was new and they weren't good at it yet, they left..

LOL
I have played with peopel liek that before. Me adn a Warcraft friend of mine were testign out his new game (it is out now, Multiplication TD) and we had this one guy coem ona dn his username was pro_tder so obviously we figured well he'll pwn at this game. Well anyway the gaem is solo, and it jstu so happens, he was the first oen to die. So he automatically starts sayign how crappy the game is and how it is a laod of horse crap and stuff liek that. So he's flaming for liek five minutes and then my friend realized what he forgot to put on his map...a boot application LOL

Just thought I'd share a story adn my bad spellign with you people lol

Tonks

Reaction score
How many heroes and heroes have you finished? Any Heroes or Units needed?

Well, I'm officially incompetent at balancing units, so my friend let me use the terrain and units from his map, though I've changed them a lot. Right now I really need ideas to make it stand out as a new class of game.

I have played with peopel liek that before. Me adn a Warcraft friend of mine were testign out his new game (it is out now, Multiplication TD) and we had this one guy coem ona dn his username was pro_tder so obviously we figured well he'll pwn at this game. Well anyway the gaem is solo, and it jstu so happens, he was the first oen to die. So he automatically starts sayign how crappy the game is and how it is a laod of horse crap and stuff liek that. So he's flaming for liek five minutes and then my friend realized what he forgot to put on his map...a boot application

Yea, I actually had one kid who said he liked it about halfway through, said it was really neat and different, then when me and my friend beat him he started cussing us out and saying how crappy the map was.. ;)

Demonwrath

Reaction score
Here's an idea

For every enemy hero you kill your unit output goes up by +1
But every tiem your hero dies your unit output goes down by -1
U'll have to make it so that the highest output would b liek 5-10 and the lowest beign of course 1

Tonks

Reaction score
Here's an idea

For every enemy hero you kill your unit output goes up by +1
But every tiem your hero dies your unit output goes down by -1
U'll have to make it so that the highest output would b liek 5-10 and the lowest beign of course 1

That would lead to imbalances, say you get fairly lucky and kill 3 heroes early in the game, that means that you have a 4 unit output without buying the Increase Units per Cycle.

Demonwrath

Reaction score
Then maybe you could put a timer on which activates my idea lets say midgame, liek maybe 5-10 minute or so after the start of the game. Would you think it would be more balanced then?

Tonks

Reaction score
Then maybe you could put a timer on which activates my idea lets say midgame, liek maybe 5-10 minute or so after the start of the game. Would you think it would be more balanced then?

No, not so much. It doesn't really matter when you introduce it. For example, as soon as you buy the Increase Units per Cycle, you have a distinct advantage over those that haven't. You have more units to spare, and recover quicker, making it much harder to kill you. (You also get more kills which leads to better units, on top of more units)

Tonks

Reaction score
*Clump*

It's gonna take a bit longer to upload the first beta for you guys than I expected, I'm really busy all week. Maybe at the end of the weekend. (No promises)

Tonks

Reaction score
*Bump*

Gonna spend a few solid hours on it tonight, hopefully have a playable version for ya all.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.