>Bandit Brawl: New Project

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Look at the mini - map i made for you :)

Preview

banditbrawlloadingscreejy4.jpg

imo, pwnz the old one...

-_-

Just import the TGA

Attachments

• banditbrawl.tga
    48 KB · Views: 203

Tonks

Reaction score
Look at the mini - map i made for you :)

Thanks. I'll just edit it to put in the "Tky Productions." I'm signing my maps under that, so that they're all under one name, but I don't have to sign them personally. :)

lh2705

Just another Helper
Reaction score
Sorry to hear abt your PC, anyways the map sounds good, looks good too... :D
Makes the bandits able to steal gold from enemy units :D:D

Tonks

Reaction score
I can do that if you want, just say so xD

I got it, thanks. :)
I'm going to upload it in a minute.

Sorry to hear abt your PC, anyways the map sounds good, looks good too... :D
Makes the bandits able to steal gold from enemy units :D:D

Yea, I'm going to give some heros the 'Loot' ability, like I said, and pickpocket etc.
Thanks for the support :D

pheonixashes

Those who misplace trust in gods learn their fate.
Reaction score
This map seems fairly original compared to the onslaught of Footmen Wars lately.

Anyway, some ideas:

Perhaps a sort of "Last Stand" option for each team?
If your base is under half health, a new "research" appears in your base: "Last Stand." It costs... say, a lot of gold, but it sends in your next 2 reinforcements early, but if you survive, you don't get your next 2 spawns?

The duel option is new, but will the heroes be insanely overpowered (Footmen Frenzy) or be maybe a little stronger than the other units?
Either way, won't the more "supporter" oriented heroes suffer during duels, even if they are the same level?
A Demon Hunter will almost always kill a Priestess of the Moon, a Mountain King will almost always kill a Far Seer, and a Tauren Chieftain will kill pretty much everything but a Blademaster single-handedly.

Tonks

Reaction score
This map seems fairly original compared to the onslaught of Footmen Wars lately.

I try ;)

Perhaps a sort of "Last Stand" option for each team?
If your base is under half health, a new "research" appears in your base: "Last Stand." It costs... say, a lot of gold, but it sends in your next 2 reinforcements early, but if you survive, you don't get your next 2 spawns?

That's a very good idea, though I'm not sure how useful it will be. Generally people die at the point where they have no gold, because they spent it all trying to take out someone else, and failed. I'll maybe try this out in v2.

The duel option is new, but will the heroes be insanely overpowered (Footmen Frenzy) or be maybe a little stronger than the other units?

Oh, hell no. I hate footman wars that just turn into Hero arenas. They're slightly stronger than the troops, so they can take a good number of troops by themselves, but they can't demolish people's armies solo. The tomes are 1000 gold for +8 agility, strength, or intelligence tome. The +Health tomes are 800 gold.
There are three items that you can buy in the Neutral Shop, one for Agility, one for Strength, and one for Intelligence, that increase the stat by 30. These cost 4000 gold and take up an inventory space.

Either way, won't the more "supporter" oriented heroes suffer during duels, even if they are the same level?
A Demon Hunter will almost always kill a Priestess of the Moon, a Mountain King will almost always kill a Far Seer, and a Tauren Chieftain will kill pretty much everything but a Blademaster single-handedly.

You have a good point, there, though I foresaw that problem. The heroes are very balanced. If the hero isn't a particularily good tanker, then it's a good spellcaster. It's spells make up for it's frailty. Same goes for the heroes that are more attack-based.
I'm making Custom Spells and heroes mostly, and the custom spells are neat and at the same time useful. ;)
There are also heroes that are almost entirely summon-based, who are a lot better at killing troops than they are at duels, but it's one-or-the-other, right?

I'm trying to implement a Betting system into the duel, to make it a bit more interesting. There will be an option to not duel* and an option to bribe the Referee. The Referee has many useful spells that can potentially be the deciding factor. (I got the Referee idea from Pay123's Hero Wars)

*the option not to duel is only available before you see your opponent. So you cannot, say, wait until you see who you're up against, then decide if you want to duel.

Tonks

Reaction score
Well, I tried a public test today. Apparently everyone on BNet demands perfection... :rolleyes:
Kids starting flipping out because they were losing and calling it rigged.

I stopped playing then and just watched, and found quite a few bugs.
-The duel system has a flaw, and messes up when played in multiplayer * the selections work fine, as do the timers, but the Winning part messed up.
-People were stating how unbalanced the starting units were, but I'm not sure if they were simply very bad at it or there really was something wrong. In any case I'm going to beef up the races being complained about, and test some more.
-Comments were made about the size of the map; they think it's too small. I'm kind of reluctant about this, as it will take another hour to make the terrain symmetrical again. But, I guess I gotta do it if it's neccessary
-Everyone said good things about the custom units and heros, and the spells especially, so I'm going to be making more of those.

So, this map won't be released for a good bit of time.
More updates on the status later.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
I saw your screenshot and saw gates... I don't like gates in footies maps, they just get in the way. As for goodness footy maps should have, make sure no heroes can go into a base and wipe out a whole army (ie: Blademaster). Maybe damage them quite a bit, but that's just gay and cheap. Footmen maps should not be hero based, but heroes should be support.

Tonks

Reaction score
I saw your screenshot and saw gates... I don't like gates in footies maps, they just get in the way. As for goodness footy maps should have, make sure no heroes can go into a base and wipe out a whole army (ie: Blademaster). Maybe damage them quite a bit, but that's just gay and cheap. Footmen maps should not be hero based, but heroes should be support.

As I stated several times; heroes will not be the ultimate unit killers. They can stand against say, 8 units alone, but it cannot wipe those 8 units out instantly.

The gates are for the duels only. They're open the rest of the time. No, they aren't pointless like in some Footman wars where you have to kill them just to get out, and then they serve no further purpose.

Tonks

Reaction score
Bump: Update;
I completely revamped the Hero Selection system. I initially had it where you trained the hero from a building, but I've now changed it so that it's more like the selection you see in maps like Hero Wars and Angel Arena.
When you choose your race a Hero Choosing unit is created at the appropriate hero area, and you can read tooltips that display the

-Hero Name
-Hero Classification (Caster, Fighter)
-Main Attribute (Str, Agi, Intell)
-Spells (Hero - Levellable, Unit - Non-leveled)
-Attack Type (Ranged, Melee).

I'm still working on writing all the tooltips, they're very time-consuming.

I may switch the unit selection method to the same way as the hero selection, I think it would be easier to see what you're choosing that way.

I also fixed a bug with the upgrades, you could only get Tier 1 before.

Created several more Custom spells, and changed some hero models and balanced them a bit.

Linkoln

Reaction score
If you havent already, remember to add buttons that will send all of your units to different sections to the map. Make Large scale assults and retreats more orginized.

Tonks

Reaction score
If you havent already, remember to add buttons that will send all of your units to different sections to the map. Make Large scale assults and retreats more orginized.

Buttons are unwieldy and need a unit to be on, I already did the Massmove function on a Chat-based system. (-mass red/blue/teal etc, as well as -mass middle)

Tonks

Reaction score
Update:
Since I got FT Editor, I've been editing spells left and right. Not creating many of my own, but mostly just editing regular Blizzard spells. I figure this will make it more appealing to RoC users, since a lot of them don't even have FT, and uniqueness is cool.

I keep finding new ways to improve the map, and keep coming up with new ideas. I know I said I'd have a testable version up a couple pages back, but right now there's too many new systems that I'm working on in it, they're all buggy.

I've come up with the idea for a "Battle Arena" duel. In this, a hero would be chosen from each team, and they would all battle it out in the middle Dueling Arena. I'm still working out some kinks in this.

I've spent a lot of time playing Hero Arena, Hero Wars, and Footmen Wars maps, in both FT and RoC. I figure, if I get a good idea of what everyone likes best from each of these map types, I can bring them all together in my map. Make a nice balance between all three.

I'm still working on the Tooltips for each of the heroes, but this is taking forever. What I need is a couple hours of solid work. Maybe this weekend.

I changed the Tileset around a bit, gonna see how I like that.

Linkoln

Reaction score
hey, maybe instead of heroes, you get all your units to "evolve" into a hero. After say 10 kills,one unit will becomes a stronger unit, and so on and so on until he finaly becomes a full fleged hero. Would be neat to see. Would be hard to level them up couse they would always be in battle and have chances to die.

Cya on the Other Side :cool: ~Linkoln

Tonks

Reaction score
hey, maybe instead of heroes, you get all your units to "evolve" into a hero. After say 10 kills,one unit will becomes a stronger unit, and so on and so on until he finaly becomes a full fleged hero. Would be neat to see. Would be hard to level them up couse they would always be in battle and have chances to die.

Cya on the Other Side :cool: ~Linkoln

That's a pretty good idea. I'll try to implement it as a mode selection.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.