Bear/Cat form

3plX

Reaction score
i need help on this trigger

spell: bear form
turns you into bear and replaces your cat spells to bear spells

when hero learns ability, fan of knives (level 1) for example, in bear form, i want "other form" to have different spell but same level as fan of knives. and to use spell in "other form" you need at least level 1 in fan of knives

Attachments

• stuff.w3x
    17.6 KB · Views: 82

Scary Nachos

Castro flashing Gang Signs!
Reaction score
You can base your transformations off druid of the claw and talon. Copy the abbility and edit the stats, then you gotta make your bear form heros, such as level 1 and level 2, and depending on what you have, you can add fan of knives and that stuff. As for the Cat form, do the same thing, base it off of druid of the claw transformation, and then add the spells. Just change the "Model File" for the cat form. Then on your original hero, make sure and "Check Dependencies" on the hero itself so it can return to the place. Or you can just trigger it and add whatever you want. This is just a suggestion, i dunno if it will work or not :p

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
I've made something similar to this before. However, I had a Druid Hero class which had the ultimate of Bear Form. The level of the abilities in Bear Form depended on the level of the ultimate.

Because of the way I did it (and because the unit was a Hero), the spell can only be MUI (one instance per player).

With the main unit, add ALL the abilities that BOTH forms will have.

Now, let's say the unit starts off in cat form:

If the unit is a Hero...
Using a trigger with the event of Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds, disable the abilities in bear form using Player - Enable/Disable <ability>. When the a spell is cast, using an ability such as "transformations off druid of the claw and talon" - Scary Nachos, then disable the abilities from cat form and enable the abilities from bear form.

If the unit is non-Hero...
Make a similar trigger to before, but instead use the Unit - Add Ability and Unit - Remove Ability actions.

EDIT: I am currently editing the file you uploaded. I will upload the updated version with the triggers I would use.
EDIT2: I tried to do what I said, but it seems to malfunction because of the Hero abilities. In my map, I used unit abilities for the Bear which didn't malfunction
EDIT3: With some further testing, it seems like a Hero can have a maximum of five Hero-type spells. If any more are added, they are not displayed.

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
I've made a few triggers that do work. However, the alternative form cannot learn any spells.
The spell can only be MUI because of the way I made it.

I've attached my edited version of your map to this post.

Hope this help.

Attachments

• Working Triggers.w3x
    18.9 KB · Views: 94

free_killing

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
since zurtrogx said his had a little problem, ill upload i once map, about 2-3 months ago..

Attachments

• convert.w3x
    102.4 KB · Views: 102

3plX

Reaction score
I've made a few triggers that do work. However, the alternative form cannot learn any spells.
The spell can only be MUI because of the way I made it.

I've attached my edited version of your map to this post.

Hope this help.

ty very much,
you saved my map

+rp

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.