Bear form stacks bugs.

ZulzZ

Reaction score
Hi all.

My bear form ability really stacks bugs, first it wouldn't enable spells after transforming, then i added them before changing back, then it must have been the warcraft crash etc.

now i've come so far that the unit enables and disables the abilities, however, it won't change back to the normal form, it act like it but the result becomes the bear form every time.

any ideas?

i've checked the alternate and normal form, and made sure it is the right model.
i've checked if it might were a trigger which called for the ability to cast again. not any of these bugs occour..

bobby5589

Reaction score
What are you trying to do, just make a hero transform like a NE druid and keep the same hero spells or are you trying to make it transform like that, but trigger it to have different spells?

ZulzZ

Reaction score
i want it to transform and then disable the spells cause i must not be able to get spells while a bear.

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
Can't you simply remove all abilities (except the morph ability) from the alternate unit?

ZulzZ

Reaction score
no cause then it won't regain the abilities with the exact skill level when it transforms back to normal form.

oh i didn't read right..

no cause it isn't the real alternate unit, it's just the model of it..

bobby5589

Reaction score
Ok, that's pretty simple here's what to do. On all the spells that the normal unit uses add the normal unit to requirements under techtree for the abilities.

Screenshot:
attachment.php

Also attached a sample map if you didn't get what I said. Just check the custom units and abilities I added into the Object Editor.

Attachments

• SAMPLEp.jpg
    SAMPLEp.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 122
  • SAMPLE.w3x
    10.1 KB · Views: 83

ZulzZ

Reaction score
oh thanks man! :)

Now i just feel so stupid, after spending the last two days getting it to work right and then it's as simple as this :O

+rep for this nice instruktion of how to do, really idiot-proof guide you made:thup:

tom jones, do you really wanna see it? :p

bobby5589

Reaction score
No problem ZulzZ, glad I could help. To tell you the truth though, that's the first time I've done that for a morphing unit.

ZulzZ

Reaction score
well you did it very simple and easy, maybe you should publish a tutorial if you haven't just found this in a tut already ofc :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.