Belkin Router Trouble

power

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm using a Belkin router (Belkin N1) and I was just curious on how to port forward all UDP ports - I know how to port forward, but I just don't know how to open all the UDP ports without doing it 1 by 1 (which in my case is IMPOSSIBLE, because there are only 20 slots - since there are over 60000 UDP ports...) If anyone can give me a quick, understandable answer - please feel free to help :).

Much apperciated,
Power.

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
Hmmm. I know that on Linksys router you can enter a port range, in your case from 1 to 65536. I do not know if Belkin router firmware has that option too but I should think so.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
1. How many computers are hooked up to your network?
2. Why do you even want to do this? o_O

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
You can script it via telnet but it is not easy because I dont have that type of router. Some research on google might help but since router companies seem to be retarded it will probably be different by router and also by firmware upgrade. Make sure you have the latest updates for your router from Belkin too but frankly, I have never updated the firmware on a router and couldn't tell you how to do it.

power

Reaction score
I want to do it because my you need to forward all your UDP ports via router to your wii. I got static ips and everything, atm in current use I have 3 Pcs, 1 mac and a wii hooked to the net. All but the mac has a static ip (because macs r impossible :p). Also I tried to do some research, but damn they all just say You need to do it and now how too... its stupid.

power

Reaction score
Ok well heres my problem - I've uploaded two images 2 help explain. First off is that when I have 1 UDP port already open (for Wc3 Hosting) which is 6112, when I try to port foward 1-65535 it says overlapping with it. However since I'm sending them to different ports, why would they overlap? is their a way to have them both or can I only have one?

:/

Edit: Oh yeah and my Wii doesn't seem to want to connect to the net now.
/sigh

Attachments

• prob2.bmp
    856.1 KB · Views: 291
  • Prob1.bmp
    312.3 KB · Views: 296

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
However since I'm sending them to different ports, why would they overlap? is their a way to have them both or can I only have one?

Because the router receives an ingress packet on that port and can only send it to one host, but you'd like to provide two of them. Which of them is supposed to handle it? Do you want the router to toss a coin to figure out?

Sending all UDP traffic is rightway stupid because "useful" responses like DNS have to get back to their original sender. Worst case: our messing with UDP will result in no internet access at all.

Wherever you got that "forward all" from is definitely not the correct solution.

power

Reaction score
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=41913059 is my source

"In the boxes, open the following ports:

TCP:
Allow traffic to all destinations on ports: 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920, 80, and 443

UDP:
Allow all traffic to all destinations. (Necessary for peer-to-peer connections and game play)."

Plx explain?

edit: Oh yeah and about the 1-6... thing I tried 1-6111 then 6113 to 65535, still didn't connect, when I disabled it was fine and yeah as you said b4, it won't connect. I imagine that I've miss interepted the UDP:
Allow all traffic to all destinations. (Necessary for peer-to-peer connections and game play).

power

Reaction score
To recap my last post, I basically want to know what this means:

TCP:
Allow traffic to all destinations on ports: 28910, 29900, 29901, 29920, 80, and 443

UDP:
Allow all traffic to all destinations. (Necessary for peer-to-peer connections and game play).

So... I forward all the TCP ports 2 my Wii's IP - What do I do for UDP? Did I do the right thing for the TCP?

Thanks.

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
"allow to all destinations" means EGRESS: one of your PCs/Wii sends data out. No need to port-forward, it's done automagically by your router, unless the port is filtered.

The only time you have to forward a port is when someone on the internet wants to establish a new connection to something behind your router, i.e. if you have your own webserver or in order to use active data connections (FTP, P2P, games).

power

Reaction score
Can you give me an hints 2 be able 2 send out those data then? because I have no idea :/ - Belkin n1 if it helps :p

Cheers :)

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
As long as there is nothing blocking it, the computer or game console should be able to send out whatever it wants.

power

Reaction score
I think my router blocks automatically, is there anyway to actually allow it manually?

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.