Best Race

stubs101

Reaction score
I don't know if this page is like reserved for WE but right now I'm think which race is the best for what. Later on you can decide which race you like best overall but for now stick to things like which race is best for rushing.

I personally think that Undead is easiest to rush, because it doesn't have moon wells, Orc burrows, or militia, it doesn't have any thing. The best race for rushing though is probably human because they produce footmen oh so fast (not as fast as Night Elf) and can have more than one worker build a building (in this case go for barracks) and it goes super fast.

The best race for mass attacks/battles are either Orc or Undead because Orc has Bloodlust which increases agility and movement speed, and asks for nothing in return, unlike unholy frenzy. Undead's pretty good too because they can summon the dead, and have a Paladin (like the Paladin in Human race) , A.K.A. Arthus. The worst is Night Elf because they have nothing on them... Human has priests, and I told you about Undead and Orc, but Night Elf has nothing.

The best defending race is by far Night Elf as long as it has an army, size not important because it has moon wells, attacking buildings and wisps that steal mana. The worst is Human because lets face it, militia just aren't that strong against taurans... And militia is all it has.

Personally Orc is my favorite race because it has bloodlust, reinforced buildings with spikes, burrows, it's Farseer, VoodooMaster, and BladeMaster, wyverns/windriders, taurans, and especially shamans.

That's all I can think of right now lol... let's see who this debate favors...

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Best rush race is Human, eh?

Play me as an Orc. Bring your 5 Footmen and hero against my 3 Orcs, Wolves, and Far Seer. Guess what? Orc rushes end games. No lie.

Orc rush, then you build up to include Raiders and have them start taking down buildings while your Grunts are tearing through their lack of opposition [since you killed that during the rush]

If they're still alive, come back with your Troll hero and Shamen with Bloodlust, and they won't be alive for a fourth time :) GG, no RM, Kthxbi.

God, I can't believe I just typed that o_O

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score

Play me as an Orc. Bring your 5 Footmen and hero against my 3 Orcs, Wolves, and Far Seer. Guess what? Orc rushes end games. No lie.

Orc rush, then you build up to include Raiders and have them start taking down buildings while your Grunts are tearing through their lack of opposition [since you killed that during the rush]

If they're still alive, come back with your Troll hero and Shamen with Bloodlust, and they won't be alive for a fourth time :) GG, no RM, Kthxbi.

That's my exact same strategy. Weird...

EDIT: Wait there is a small difference. If there is a Tavern I buy Beastmaster as second hero for double summons.

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score

Wanna try 1v1'ing me with that strat? :)

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
I 1v1 with that strategy and win like 80% of my games. At start they are about even you take out their army and maybe a worker or two and you have to retreat. Then you rebuild army upgrade tier and get beasitery and immediately upgrade the raiders. Then shortly after build huh.. whatever builds shamans, upgrade the shamans, then get tier 3 still getting raiders, grunts, and a few shamans. You should have had a second attack before tier 3 was upgraded and maybe finished the game. If you didn't build up a nice little army and attack. It is about mid game for a tech game so they don't have those really strong monsters like, tauren (never get in 1v1!) chimes, wyrms, or whatever else.

With orc you usually win off of the first early attack though. Or at least I do with that strategy. I'm not sure if Seth plays them the exact same way as that but that's how I do it.

P.S. No I haven't played just a few games like 5 and won that percent I think it is around 60-80 games. (Yes still a small amount but in my opinion proves that it works. :))

Akatsuki

Reaction score
I think orcs are the best. But for me the hardest to use because they are expansive and you have to use resorces wisely. Also I rarely get to use them. I go to use them once resently but the guy I was going against pissed to off because I had a grunt and blademaster killed his keeper. And then kept spamming that I was a cheater to the point I didn't care and left.

My favorite is undead because I always random them for some weird reason. I'm a low level and kind of bad so I don't go against really good players. Because I usually can do some damage before they start building anti-air units and by them I have a ground attack force that was upgraded and can wipe them out.

For nightelves I get warden and harrass the enemy.

E

eG_Vibe

Im guessing most of you don't ladder much...
Stubs101 in a Solo 1v1 which i assume u r talking about
if an UD gets necs thats not seen
if an orc goes bloodlust thats not seen
and saying HU stinks b/c it has militia is dumb b/c let me tell u those little guys come in handy for creeping....
to me there are no best races
there are Best race MatchUps for example:
Orc vs NE the Night Elf has the advantage
Orc vs UD the orc has the advantage
UD vs NE The undead has the advantage

To me there are also Easier races to play this is my order feel free to post how u think it is [Easiest to Hardest]
Night Elf
Undead
Orc
Human

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
if an orc goes bloodlust thats not seen

Almost all orc players I see go bloodlust. You must be playing on a very different server than the one I do. Bloodlust is a excellent strategy. It gives you an excellent boost and you can get it very early. It makes raiders and orcs outstanding mid-game units. If you think bloodlust is a bad way to go maybe you should try it a few times. The only race that has much opposition against it is human in my opinion. Sure other races can best it but it isn't easy.

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Humans are my best. Try to fight me with my arcane and I'll wipe you. Not to mention my banish and siphon mana. Then later get a pally and some knights with stacked gryphon's and hawks. I'll wipe out your base so fast. Just break your shop and your lumber mill and your done.

Battle[StFh]

Reaction score
Almost all orc players I see go bloodlust. You must be playing on a very different server than the one I do. Bloodlust is a excellent strategy. It gives you an excellent boost and you can get it very early. It makes raiders and orcs outstanding mid-game units. If you think bloodlust is a bad way to go maybe you should try it a few times. The only race that has much opposition against it is human in my opinion. Sure other races can best it but it isn't easy.

eG_Vibe is right. Ever seen a WarCraft Replay with professional players playing?
The most seen Orc strategy is Raiders combined with something, like Spirit Walkers, and sometimes, against Human, some early Wyverns to force the other player to create Anti Air.
Bloodlust is expensive to upgrade, as you are forced to go to tier 3 to get it, while most Orc Players don't want to go to Tier 3. It's simply to expensive and time-consuming to go to tier 3, just for Bloodlust. Second thing is that Night Elf players, who usually use a lot of Dryads, can easily use Abolish Magic to destroy your Bloodlust or, if the Night Elf doesn't have Dryads, (s)he can use wisps and Detonate plus Night Elf players can use Faerie Dragons to damage your Shamans big time. Human players usually go casters, so they have Priests who can Dispell Magic too, also ruining the effect of your bloodlust. So the only race that might be f*cked up by Bloodlust is Undead, or in an Orc Mirror. These are reasons why Pro's usually choose not to use Bloodlust at all.

On the Militia thing, Vibe is right again, they are pretty much used to creep Orange Creeps very early.

I suggest you guys watch some pro replays.

E

eG_Vibe

Yeah buffs now-a-days are not that great with the exception all races have counters to it:

Human-Priests which would be better for Summons if you even see any but for buffs i think humans would go some breakers so the buffs are added to them.

Night Elf- Wisps/Dryads

Undead- The infamous Destroyers

Orc-Spirit Walkers

And to Uareanoob, I wanna see you do that when im orc... raiders/walker/and some bats

Akatsuki

Reaction score
I don't get bloodlust unless I'm playing a 1v1 game on a very large map. But even then I get farseer, find their base, attack very early. When I retreat I go in the wrong direction so that the enemy will spend a lot of time looking in the wrong place. Giving me time to upgrade. But even then it's after I have the buildings of tier 2 and I can only get stronger by going to the next tier. I only recently started ladder.

The way I play is still very very faulty. But that's what I like about the matching system. If you win you go against someone harder and if you lost then you fight someone easier. You stay in a region until you get better and can go past that level. Does this work. I don't know but for me it does.

I don't creep with militia. I often get paladin and a few footmen. Then keep casting holy light until I get priests. I use Militia so fend off early attacks on my base. I found that they are very strong because usually you would have a lot of workers because 5 for gold and the numbers with lumber.

To me there are also Easier races to play this is my order feel free to post how u think it is [Easiest to Hardest]
Night Elf
Undead
Orc
Human

I think that orcs are harder to play just because I never really got a chance to play them. So I don't know how to use them well. But they are more expensive and I don't know how to balance an attack force, buildings, and teching, etc. I also find undead hard to use because I don't know how many ghouls I should keep harvesting lumber and how many I should bring to creep. Which makes me wait making me a big target for an early attack. Nightelves I think are also hard because you lose some workers for some buildings. And I think they are slower in lumber harvesting so you need more. But the worker's cost kind of makes it even and the moonwells are very helpful. Humans I think are the easiest to use because Militias stops early attacks. And farms are the cheapest because they don't do anything else.

Like I said. I'm still learning. So I have trouble balancing parts out.

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
I don't ladder at all on battle.net, but the Humans are my favorite race. I used to play them with a simple strategy of using the inexpensive Farms to block the towers, blocking the rest of the base. Two or three Farms to a tower means the melee units have a hard time getting around.

The Archmage was a pretty good summor, I suppose. The unfortunate fact of a channeling Blizzard combined with very small HP meant he wouldn't last long if the air units suddenly began to strike. The Blood Mage's Phoenix was pretty nice, and if a Big Bad Voodoo came around it was nearly guaranteed another life.

Actually, Big Bad Voodoo was pretty sweet too, combined with a Potion of Invisibility or two :D

My dad liked the orcs, the Far Seer because of the wolves and Chain Lightning and occassionally the all-powerful Tauren Chieftan (Who could withstand an onslaught as he destroyed them, then came back for round 2) and of course the infamous Shaman. Grunts were pretty strong compared to Ghouls and Footman, and a Healing Ward placed here and there was always nice.

Battle[StFh]

Reaction score
The Archmage was a pretty good summor, I suppose. The unfortunate fact of a channeling Blizzard combined with very small HP meant he wouldn't last long if the air units suddenly began to strike. The Blood Mage's Phoenix was pretty nice, and if a Big Bad Voodoo came around it was nearly guaranteed another life.
Indeed the Archmage is good as hero, that's why most Human Players choose it as their first hero. Usually they get Water Elemental as first ability, as you say, they don't choose Blizzard often though. As I said before, humans usually use a strategy which involves a lot of casters, so they get the Aura of the Archmage as second ability, to boost the casters' power. Getting to level 6 in a 1on1 game is hardly ever seen. So picking a BloodMage as hero because of his awesome level 6 ability is quite useless. Same goes for the Shadow Hunter, but the Shadow Hunter is a great second hero anyway with his Hex ability, his Healing ability and, when playing against Dryads or other Unarmored units, his snake summoning.

Asehujiko

Reaction score
10 meats, 10 necro's, 2 stats and one MF tends to be enough to crush any expansion, seriously harras a base and is ableto take down pretty much any ground army simply by swamping them with skeletons. Add a couple of fiends and you got an infinite supply of free soldies that spawn with about 20 each 15 sec.

Rush any good UD and your hero will be asleep for the duration of the attack and will remain that way untill the DL is needed elsewhere.

M

MapMaker

Orcs are the best for rushing because grunts are very tough units in the early game and a far seer's wolves can turn the odds in your favor. Then chain lightning as 2nd spell to take out militia etc.

M

MapMaker

If a game goes on for long I think humans are the best. 5 or 6 Knights, 5 or 6 gryphons. 5 Hawks. 4-5 priests. 2-3 sorcs. 2 breakers. 2 mortars. maybe a couple rifles. Paladin is the obvious hero here since heal is great on gryphon's and knights and the aura beefs them all up. Blood Mage is also good since banish is awesome against big units, especially with the magic hammers slamming down on them, and pheonix is awesome. Add in polymorph, slow, inner fire and some of your enemies buffs and your army is unstoppable.

As for best defense. Well late in the game humans can get cannon towers which are great but they are expensive and the upgrades are expensive. Guard and arcane towers were good but with heavy armor they fall too fast.

Militia are pretty good early on if they are combined with a hero and some standing army but othewise they suck. Especially without being able to get them from expansion town halls.

Orcs have weak defense but their strong 1st tier units and some close by orc burrows are pretty good.

Undead seem to be the best later on, since they have ziggarauts anyways, it is easy to get lots of them upgraded.

Night elf is awesome if the base is setup well to block out melee units. Protectors aren't so great but the well's can make the difference if the ranged units can be protected.

E

eG_Vibe

Rush any good UD and your hero will be asleep for the duration of the attack and will remain that way untill the DL is needed elsewhere.
Hmmmmm..... Well if you have any sense you will just hit your hero with a unit once and he will be awake for the battle, and the DL will just watse his mana but...what GOOD UD goes DL first and not DK?!?!:nuts: :confused:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.