Black and White/Fable - (name pending)

zylack

Reaction score
I was already working on a fable rpg but i've put it on puase cuase its very long and tedious, i want a good story behind it, and im working on 3 other projects...only becuase my mapping budies dont wanna work together to get it done faster but thats cool :p

R

RomanKing

zylack said:
I was already working on a fable rpg but i've put it on puase cuase its very long and tedious, i want a good story behind it, and im working on 3 other projects...only becuase my mapping budies dont wanna work together to get it done faster but thats cool :p

Lol ok, well mine is kinda a mix and has some different gameplay options so even i fu make one i bet they will both have a different feel :p

T

TheTacoBellD

RomanKing said:
Lol ok, well mine is kinda a mix and has some different gameplay options so even i fu make one i bet they will both have a different feel :p

Hey, umm you should go to sites that list the classes of other games. After all you should probably let the characters select a certain warrior. For example, lets say I'm playin' the game. "OMFG THIS GAME OWNZ!" I say. Then I reach level 5. If my good points surpass my evil, then a dialog box appears containing about 3-5 selections like Lower Paladin, Lesser Monk, Priest/White Mage (These are off the top of my head so they aren't very good). And if you reach level 5 and your evil points surpass your good, well . . . you know the drill.

But looking up classes from other RPGs would help you think of your own. I'll post some sites soon.

R

RomanKing

TheTacoBellD said:
Hey, umm you should go to sites that list the classes of other games. After all you should probably let the characters select a certain warrior. For example, lets say I'm playin' the game. "OMFG THIS GAME OWNZ!" I say. Then I reach level 5. If my good points surpass my evil, then a dialog box appears containing about 3-5 selections like Lower Paladin, Lesser Monk, Priest/White Mage (These are off the top of my head so they aren't very good). And if you reach level 5 and your evil points surpass your good, well . . . you know the drill.

But looking up classes from other RPGs would help you think of your own. I'll post some sites soon.

I like I like, and if you reach level 10 and your points are even u get to pick accordingly, good idea and ok keep up the good work :)

E

Eilhal

you should definatly make the main hero be a Tiger/lion Monkey or Cow... if you don't your map better not have the words Black and White anywhere on it :p (cow gets +X bonus to good Tiger/Lion the same for evil and Monkey gets an even amount in each... making it neutral)

Also you could then add the ability to upgrade your Creatures into more good or more evil creatures/versions of themselves... such as this

A Monkey can turn into a Gorrialla (more Evil as gorriallas are black and will kill people) or a Mackak (sp, also more good as they are intelligent peacful monkies)

Or your Monkey could turn into a Horse... still neutral but represents a more powerful version of a neutral creature

These are just ideas hope you like some of them or tell me what direction you are looking at so i can help get ideas that would fit your map better (if you need any help I will... I am helping with WotE as a major project but everything else I am working on is small... so I would have plenty of time to help you with your map)

T

TheTacoBellD

RomanKing said:
I like I like, and if you reach level 10 and your points are even u get to pick accordingly, good idea and ok keep up the good work :)

Yeah. Thats why you add the words "Lesser and Lower". That way by the time they get to level 30 they can get Higher or Upper Paladins/Knights/Monks etc.

R

RomanKing

Eilhal said:
you should definatly make the main hero be a Tiger/lion Monkey or Cow... if you don't your map better not have the words Black and White anywhere on it :p (cow gets +X bonus to good Tiger/Lion the same for evil and Monkey gets an even amount in each... making it neutral)

Also you could then add the ability to upgrade your Creatures into more good or more evil creatures/versions of themselves... such as this

A Monkey can turn into a Gorrialla (more Evil as gorriallas are black and will kill people) or a Mackak (sp, also more good as they are intelligent peacful monkies)

Or your Monkey could turn into a Horse... still neutral but represents a more powerful version of a neutral creature

These are just ideas hope you like some of them or tell me what direction you are looking at so i can help get ideas that would fit your map better (if you need any help I will... I am helping with WotE as a major project but everything else I am working on is small... so I would have plenty of time to help you with your map)

I like the animal idea, only I would need to have a modeler or you could find me good models of the animals. I like the idea then maybe if you reach your highest level you get to be like an angel/demon/ or like a uman warrior idk for neutral

T

TheTacoBellD

Eilhal said:

I believe that when he made the reference to "Black & White" he really meant it in a more yin-yang way. Black/White, Yin/Yang, Good/Evil. They can all be used in the same way. Sorry that you wasted your time with that wonderful idea.

E

Eilhal

for neutral... something like a... damn... wth is a really strong neutral thing lol

I might be able to find you some models.. but I can't make them myself

EDIT: actually he just said he liked my idea :p Makes it more black and whitey.. and if you were going for good evil... have you even ever played Fable?? the game almost acts like it revolves around you being good or evil... although in the long run it doesn't make an immense difference :p lol

R

RomanKing

But i do like the idea for races better than animals and yeah thats what i meant

T

TheTacoBellD

RomanKing said:
I like the animal idea, only I would need to have a modeler or you could find me good models of the animals. I like the idea then maybe if you reach your highest level you get to be like an angel/demon/ or like a uman warrior idk for neutral

O_O Dude . . . The animals kind of ruin the whole "Good and Evil" feel. I wouldn't do it. Personally I think you should keep it in more of a warrior setting. Stick with the medieval stuff.

R

RomanKing

TheTacoBellD said:
O_O Dude . . . The animals kind of ruin the whole "Good and Evil" feel. I wouldn't do it. Personally I think you should keep it in more of a warrior setting. Stick with the medieval stuff.

I agree, i want to make a lot of races not animals, maybe you can pick the race-animals, idk lol

E

Eilhal

Making the "animals" is called creatures... you put into the game the ceratures which change appearance based upon your alignment (if you play the game) and are very good at putting up a atmosphere of your alignment...

You should make your "god" and then your Creature... your "god" would be something like a wisp that changes in color (white, Grey, black etc.) but would have different abilities... this would be your god... then you control your creature....

actually... nevermind... I think I just got a new idea for my own map :p my idea is straying to far from your original idea.... so I'll make an idea of my own :p lol

T

TheTacoBellD

Eilhal said:
for neutral... something like a... damn... wth is a really strong neutral thing lol

I might be able to find you some models.. but I can't make them myself

EDIT: actually he just said he liked my idea :p Makes it more black and whitey.. and if you were going for good evil... have you even ever played Fable?? the game almost acts like it revolves around you being good or evil... although in the long run it doesn't make an immense difference :p lol

So true. That's why we need to make this better than Fable. A super-fable that can fly and shoot lazers from its eyes.

P.S. I think a good neutral hero would be . . . . . . . perhaps a mercenary. Mercenaries work for anyone. They don't take sides, they do it for the money.

T

TheTacoBellD

Eilhal said:
Making the "animals" is called creatures... you put into the game the ceratures which change appearance based upon your alignment (if you play the game) and are very good at putting up a atmosphere of your alignment...

You should make your "god" and then your Creature... your "god" would be something like a wisp that changes in color (white, Grey, black etc.) but would have different abilities... this would be your god... then you control your creature....

actually... nevermind... I think I just got a new idea for my own map :p my idea is straying to far from your original idea.... so I'll make an idea of my own :p lol

Yeah, good idea. Because having a god would require the use of a slot. Meaning someone has to control both.

Drazalon

Reaction score
OMG GUYS LOOK THROUGH MY WHOLE THREAD IN THE 2 PAGE >_>........... derrrr

Thread Page 2

he stole my idea!!!!! look in the last post of that hread read it and there u go my idea.... dont just read the first few threads real the whole thing

............what ever ill just leit it go. cuz i hate it when my ideas are stolen and well i dont like to copy off of other rpgs because it makes it less interesting =/

D

Deathbedeli

Drazalon...Dude....Lmao Retard

Anyway:

I was thinking of some good and evil stuff

Good:
Saving Stuff.
Helping People.
Guarding Weak People.
Assisting Strong People.
Slaying Evil Creatures.
Turning Evil Creatures to Good Creatures.
Turning Neutral Creatures to Good Creatures.
Charity.

Evil:
Killing People.
Slaying Good Creatures.
Turning Good Creatures to Evil Creatures.
Turning Neutral Creatures to Evil Creatures.
Thiefing.
Destroying Stuff.
Asassinating Weak People.
Rivaling Strong People.

Neutral:
Helping People then charging them.
Retrieving Stuff and charging for it.
Guarding Weak People for a price.
Assisting Strong People for a price.
Slaying Evil & Good.
Converting Creatures from their "base" allignment to their "opposite" one
Good to Evil, Evil to Good, Neutral to Either
Taking from the rich and keep for self
Taking from the poor and keep from self

Anyway, Hope this helps spark some ideas!

S

SlasherXpert

Drazalon...omfg your rpg is NOTHING LIKE THIS ONE. If you read this right then you should know that this isn't like your RPG or stolen off your RPG as I am sure that the maker never heard of your RPG and Black and White was created way before your RPG so you cannot claim that idea as yours and you have no copyrights for it so THERE! CASE IS SEALED!

*Edit*I don't really like the "neutral should be mercenaries and only work for money" idea. I think neutral should do well basically both good and evil but not a lot. Like in NeverWinter Nights; When you pick True Neutral, Your actions can be good or evil but if you keep balancing them then you stay neutral. They use % for good and evil. I think 0% is pure good and 100% is pure evil and 50% is neutral, so about 25-75% is neutral but if you go over/under those %'s then you turn to good or evil.

R

RomanKing

i like the charity idea for good. And as for neutral-mercenaries? na, when i think mercinaries im thinking evil, yes a know they can work for both so yeah, sure you can be tester, if anyone wants to help with skins the position is still open

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.