Black and White/Fable - (name pending)

T

TheTacoBellD

Drazalon said:
hmmmm ill help although im rather good in creating swamps, marshes, dungeons, and cities. although... im ganna need someone to help me on my rpg and just make a terrain map as well cuz i dunno what to do.

how do u propose to make the characters talk? A dialog system perhaps? or just on the quest? =/

Either type -yes or -no . . . or use dialogs.

T

TheTacoBellD

rayquaza218 said:
Hey dude, i was thinking, you could do a dialog system for each NPC, you could do 3 spell books.(dunno how to make? goto worldeditor tutorials)

-Basic Commands
*all ur crap goes here.... sleep, eat, talk to npc... you know ur misc stuff

-Offensive spells
*well, ur spells duh, i can help you out with this section

-up to you??
* i dunno bout this one, you could add passive abilties, or other stuff that might include good and evil

I can make pretty hero ideas, i mean with all the spells and all but processing it is different:p

Base ur hero off something, they start as nuetral, so you could select classes, at the start, you have like just peeps, liek E.g fire mage, neutral knight, Oh yes, about giving the units items like horns and stuff, not a good idea, it would be better to have a leaderboard, for example, u start at 1000
from 600-1100 would be a nuetral stance, then ur hero will change, i mean, like when u start off as a fire mage, u cud become darkfiremages and stuff,
then u have the extremist who rely totally on darkness eg 0-300 Then they have immense damage but skills involve sacrificial, and light has lol damage but lots of ally support. Wel, like that the map would be FFA. So basically your hero changes abit, when u gain or lose points, regarding the npc dialogue system, get it from wc3 search. Ok, so you have options like in fable or the bards tall. A begger comes up to you, he ask for spare change, you can give him some and earn gud points our kick him and move away, or you could ignor him. So these things contribute to points.

Oh yeah can i help? uve seen my map, that shows im not higly pro or anything, but i could be a spell maker, or resource finder.

Oh eyah i WOULD talk to you on msn messenger, but u said ull rather talk here :p :p Well, hope this has been useful! (forgive teh spelling)

O_O Dude . . . I already said that XD

R

RomanKing

guys im going to have to take a couple day break, i have to unpack boxes at my apartment (im moving) so you can look at my map so far, or upload and work on it!

rayquaza218

Reaction score
Lol at leats im doing the work... Thx for saying its nice, im a newbie at map making too so yeah :p

Rep me if you think my pics where good lol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/8027/cityentrancevb4.png

A city entrance, i realised ur entrance was just a hole so i did something about it
------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE DARK CITY fuahhaha
Well the place is spooky

I have three screenies on it

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5269/previewundercity2mu4.png

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/8162/previewundercity1os9.png

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3853/undercity3gf9.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Ur ice maze....

The ice maze was roman king's idea. It was just so bland so i added in some crystals(still needs a hell lotta work...)

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1627/previewglaceih6.png

Tell me if u like my pics guyz im now working on the holy city for light people and the three guilds for nuetral holy and dark :p

rep me for my hard work :D

rayquaza218

Reaction score
Oh yes we might need some skinning, but ill add you to my buddy list and PM you when we need skinning... Whats happenin gto roman king sigh....

T

TheTacoBellD

Two things:

1. Post the pictures AND the map on the first post. That way people won't nedd to read every single one.

2. The map doesn't have enough tiles. I don't get how you would do this. I mean, you can still end up terraining the map but . . . it wouldn't be good quality. Take DotA for example, yes it only uses about 6 different tiles, but it's also a smaller map. How do you think you can get variety if the map is so big?

Just sayin', it won't look very good unless you divide the map into different habitats/realms/environments.

For example:
Create a Snowy Mountain
Create a Forest
Create an Undead Realm
Create a Human City
Create an Orc City

Then make many quests inside these environments. That way you can have better terraining and structure.

P.S. Very nice work on the temples. Way to spruce 'em up buddy!

rayquaza218

Reaction score
TheTacoBellD said:
Two things:

1. Post the pictures AND the map on the first post. That way people won't nedd to read every single one.

2. The map doesn't have enough tiles. I don't get how you would do this. I mean, you can still end up terraining the map but . . . it wouldn't be good quality. Take DotA for example, yes it only uses about 6 different tiles, but it's also a smaller map. How do you think you can get variety if the map is so big?

Just sayin', it won't look very good unless you divide the map into different habitats/realms/environments.

For example:
Create a Snowy Mountain
Create a Forest
Create an Undead Realm
Create a Human City
Create an Orc City

Then make many quests inside these environments. That way you can have better terraining and structure.

P.S. Very nice work on the temples. Way to spruce 'em up buddy!

Hey thanks for appreciating my work :p, Oh yes, the map is huge only 1/4 of it has been used so far... or less. So we are already working on a snowy mountain, its an ice maze lol. Theres sure to be a forest, but the orc,human,undead city.... thats gonna be a problem. The game is based off dark light and nuetral currently there is a shared city, a dark only city, and im working on a light city, with the temple of light as a central point in the city. Ur ideas for two extra cities might be pretty good, but i think i might add an orc city for neutrals and dark, and a human city for nuetrals and light...

(is this gonna rigg the map??) :confused:

T

TheTacoBellD

Well my main concern is crappy terrain. It's gotta look nice!

R

RomanKing

Im still unpacking boxes, just letting you know im still watching the thread!

T

TheTacoBellD

Ok. Tell me when you need me for somethin'. I'm kind of lost on the progress of this map so I don't really know what to do :( Remember, ANYTHING you need me for, I can help. (Besides complex JASS)

R

RomanKing

Right now me and rayquaza are working on the terrain, but We need help on skins-icons-maybe triggering, and maybe leaderboards. If u want to help with any of thos then i can explain it better for you.

rayquaza218

Reaction score
Erm hi, yeah as roman king sad, we can handle the terraining, but well need someone who is a real pro at triggering, pro enough to do spells and leaderboards without too much difficulty, i mean. me and romanking aren't too great with tirggers so yeah, well need some help. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.