Black Holes

E

Eilhal

I want to hear everyone's opinions on black holes.

I don't want to influence anyone's response so I'm not going to post my opinion yet.

E

Eilhal

Come on... I want your opinion NOT the Discovery Channels!!

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
Come on... I want your opinion NOT the Discovery Channels!!

...... ok well frankly i want too get away from them. i am really scared of what they can do.

i mean they will lead too the destruction of every galaxy and they also created them. its life's ultimate circle.

I'm terrified. I'll admit it. I hate to lie and i hate to be fake.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Why would you be terrified of something that you have a .0000000000001/10000000^5000000000 chance of getting owned by in your lifetime?

My opinion of black holes is that..uhh, they're there. Whuppity doo. You go into one, you get owned like a noob. So don't go into one.

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
I'm scared of them sense there pretty much a super hacked god mod in warcraft 3.

fighting a peon with one life that can do no damage. is that a geeky way to put it?

and if the video is true they will lead to the destruction of out galaxy.

E

Eilhal

But by watching that video (which I have by the way seen and it GREATLY influenced my opinion... and also peaked my intrest in them) then you know you can't excape them... and also know that it will take ,most likely, a very long time for the black hole in the Milky Way to begin feeding again, and even then we may not imediatly sense the effects of it... so you are safe.

And thanks for making this a serious post... I was trying to have a serious dicussion about something that intrests me...

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I had a dream I was in a blackhole once, it looked something like this:
blackholebk6.png

But I think they are real, and that is what happend to that one spaceship ( I forgot the name...? ).

Mullit

Reaction score
well I just did a load of stuff on cosmology in my physics lessons so my opinion of them is that im not really bothered that they are there. all they are is an exploded star that has not undergone a supernove explosion and so has formed into an area of gravity with a theoretically infinate force. ie the coser you get to the middle the more force will be on you but you will never get to the middle.
they are also an 'event horizon'. this is the reason im not worried about them and the reason they are black. the gravity contained in them is so great that nothing past that area of space will ever effect us. (even light, which is why they are black).

E

Eilhal

Everyone watch all of the video that King Tongoll posted now:) I think it will change what you think about Black Holes... and if you think they are bad.. watching it will make you realize that we rely on them to exist in a way.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I think the spaceship DDR's reffering to is Sputnik...

But on the subject of Black Holes: without them, I wouldn't have been able to travel to that alternate universe, and bring back with me my super-secret army of nuclear monkeys and angry hobos. And 100000 megaton nukes. And the world is more likely to be destroyed by me in this lifetime than by a blackhole.

Seriously though, I don't care for blackholes. True, I rely on them, but I consider other problems here on earth to be greater problems.

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
Black Holes fascinate me... but I wanna set a few things straight...

1) Black Holes are not wormholes. They are uber-dense matter. If you were to enter one, you'd get crushed and that's it.

2) Because a black hole is so dense, it sucks everything in. Even light. That proves photons exist, BTW.

3) If you were to get near a black hole, you wouldn't get "sucked in". You would get stretched, because the difference in gravity between two of your ends is so great, you will stretch and snap.

4) If you were to survive this, you would see the back of your head. Light is bending, so the light bouncing off the back of your head spins around to your eyes.

5) After staring at your ugly head for a while, you would see the entire universe in front of you, in a circle no bigger than about 4 feet in diameter. I don't know how this works, but I read it in a science magazine.

The video also tells you stuff, but I didn't watch all of it, cuz it's so long.

MasterOfABCs

Unacceptable!
Reaction score
I was taught that black are not dense mater all.

But instead that are rediculously fast moving anti-matter that posses the strongest gravational pull in the multi-verse.

With that i have alwyas been under the opinoin that you qould be vaporized in less time you your brain could compute that your in a black hole so i see no reason to fear one.

You wouldn't know your gonna die until you were dead.

My own theory, since CNN said black holes produce the lowest sound in the universe...

The vibration would probly shut your heart off and cause your ear drums to explode if you didnt get vaporized.

Either way it's a black hole there's an estimated 15,000 or so in the multi-verse so figure the size of the universe, i see no reason to lose sleep over a black hole...

Worry about something like broken plastic storms with 900mph winds. Much more interesting anyway.

Siefer

Reaction score
Black Holes fascinate me... but I wanna set a few things straight...

1) Black Holes are not wormholes. They are uber-dense matter. If you were to enter one, you'd get crushed and that's it.

2) Because a black hole is so dense, it sucks everything in. Even light. That proves photons exist, BTW.

3) If you were to get near a black hole, you wouldn't get "sucked in". You would get stretched, because the difference in gravity between two of your ends is so great, you will stretch and snap.

4) If you were to survive this, you would see the back of your head. Light is bending, so the light bouncing off the back of your head spins around to your eyes.

5) After staring at your ugly head for a while, you would see the entire universe in front of you, in a circle no bigger than about 4 feet in diameter. I don't know how this works, but I read it in a science magazine.

The video also tells you stuff, but I didn't watch all of it, cuz it's so long.
I did not know those last 3 things at all. Wow. And after I thought I knew everything there was to know that was interesting about them...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.