Crime Body Found on ‘Cash in the Attic’

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
An elderly woman was arrested yesterday after the remains of her dead husband were found by antiques experts on Cash in the Attic.

Maureeeen Hinderton, from the village of Quimm in Somerset, was taken into custody and it is expected the 68 year old could face at least 25 years in prison for the murder she committed back in 1982 when her late husband, Alf, went missing.

“I can’t believe it,” says neighbour Patrick Bleach, “The village is such a quiet, tranquil place, and I’ve lived here nearly as long as Maureen which is nearly forty years.”

Bleach can remember when Hinderton’s husband went missing. “I was pally with Alf; we used to play for the village cricket team together and were drinking buddies. When he went missing I was puzzled and deeply saddened. It was totally out of character.”

It seems Alf didn’t go missing at all, and was instead rolled up in an old carpet in the loft space of the home he shared with the woman he married when he was 19.

Last edited by a moderator:

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
It looks like the original blog entry gone missing after I posted this. So, here's the entire article:

An elderly woman was arrested yesterday after the remains of her dead husband were found by antiques experts on Cash in the Attic.

Maureeeen Hinderton, from the village of Quimm in Somerset, was taken into custody and it is expected the 68 year old could face at least 25 years in prison for the murder she committed back in 1982 when her late husband, Alf, went missing.

“I can’t believe it,” says neighbour Patrick Bleach, “The village is such a quiet, tranquil place, and I’ve lived here nearly as long as Maureen which is nearly forty years.”

Bleach can remember when Hinderton’s husband went missing. “I was pally with Alf; we used to play for the village cricket team together and were drinking buddies. When he went missing I was puzzled and deeply saddened. It was totally out of character.”

It seems Alf didn’t go missing at all, and was instead rolled up in an old carpet in the loft space of the home he shared with the woman he married when he was 19.

It was only when Hinderton, a retired post office worker, decided to appear on the hit BBC daytime show that the body was discovered.

The format of the programme sees experts rummage around the house of a contestant for hidden antiquities that are then sold at auction with the money going to the homeowner.

It was during one such episode, which airs in October, that expert Jonty Hearnden found the decomposed body whilst having a delve through Hinderton’s attic.

“At first I was shocked,” said Hearnden, “I had spotted a nice tea set that I estimated could’ve been from the early forties and would’ve fetched at least £80 at auction. It was then I noted a musty smell coming from a fake Persian rug that I had ignored earlier – it wasn’t worth the wool it was spun from.”

The antiques dealer then went on to say how, on further inspection, the rug was full of maggots, flies and forms of pupae.

“It was rancid so I called down to some of the crew who were downstairs. They came up and we noticed the source of the pungent aroma was a rotting corpse. My estimation is it had been there for nearly thirty years, but what do I know?”

It is expected Mrs Hinderton is expected to plead guilty to the murdering of her husband and last night issued this statement through her lawyer: “The body is of my late husband Alf and, yes, I did murder him. My motive was simple: I was bored of him and divorce wasn’t an option. We’re from a different generation where we worked our problems out and if that didn’t work, we’d bludgeon our partner to death.”

When asked why she asked to be on Cash in the Attic knowing the body would be discovered, Mrs Hinderton’s lawyer added, “My client’s memory isn’t what it used to be. Anyway, she wanted to meet Aled Jones and raise enough money for a cruise around the Mediterranean.”

Source

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
It's second time, I have seen such thing :cool:
We, might need to "Investigating this Mystery"?!

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Update:

Oh darn, I fail so bad....

Exactly What to Think said:
Disclaimer
All stories are completely made up. If you believe anything on here is true, frankly we are amazed you managed to turn your computer on.

All those views out there, has now proven that I copy/pasted a fake story.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
That's what you get for quoting a wordpress site?

V6yOwpS.png

Yes.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.