Both Hero and Spell Ideas!

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm making a kind of AoS map with, of course, unique heroes.
the problem is that i don't have that good imagination, so I really need help with coming up with stuff. I'm quite good at making spells, atleast in GUI (still learning JASS XD) so any ideas you come up with could be useful.
My map has two teams, Sacred and Diablolic, and the heroes are unique for each team. The things i need is: Heroes (with names preferably), spells (with description and tooltip preferably, and also tooltip to the spells i have currently, if there are any suggestions), effect to go with them, post it in the spell if you give me one, or you are more than welcome to suggest effects to the spells i have already ;), and items!, both recipes and the ingredients ... and also unique items that will cost a little extra !!!!!
I currently only have four heroes:

Fel Guard (In need of better name maybe XD):
Model: Imported Model (more metallish look, but still Fel Guard model)
metalfelguard.jpg

Spell: None ATM

Nerubian Titan (got name from sjakie, thanks !!)
Model: Also imported ( Nerubian Guard, got it from Hive)
Spells:
Arachnid Rampage (active, self buff)
Ga'rog works himself into an Arachnid Rampage, allowing him to charge at his opponents with +35% MS and run them over. Ga'rog has no collision size while charging, and actually tramples all opponents that cross his path. Those opponents are then stunned and damaged. An opponent cannot be ran over more than once each charge, however.

Level 1 - 60 damage and 0.3 second stun, lasts 5 seconds.
Level 2 - 90 damage and 0.6 second stun, lasts 6 seconds.
Level 3 - 120 damage and 0.9 second stun, lasts 7 seconds.
Level 4 - 150 damage and 1.2 second stun, lasts 8 seconds. // From sjakie

Killing Intent (Passive)
Ga'rog thirsts for his opponents blood more badly than any other fiend on his side of the battlefield. With every kill, his frenzy increases and his blows become harder than before. This ability also adds some slight cleaving damage to Ga'rogs strikes.

Level 1 - 8% cleaving, +2 damage for every kill made. The effect is lost when no enemy is killed for 6 seconds.
Level 2 - 13% cleaving, +3 damage for every kill made. The effect is lost when no enemy is killed for 6 seconds.
Level 3 - 18% cleaving, +4 damage for every kill made. The effect is lost when no enemy is killed for 6 seconds.
Level 4 - 23% cleaving, +5 damage for every kill made. The effect is lost when no enemy is killed for 6 seconds. // From sjakie

Organic Armor (Passive)
Ga'rog is covered with an organic armor, known to let little pierce its solid surface. This grants the Titan fabulous protection as well as it increases the impact when he rams one of his unfortunate victims.

Level 1 - +3 armor, +20 damage to Arachnid Rampage.
Level 2 - +6 armor, +40 damage to Arachnid Rampage.
Level 3 - +9 armor, +60 damage to Arachnid Rampage.
Level 4 - +12 armor, +80 damage to Arachnid Rampage. // From sjakie

Titanic Slam (active, no target) Ultimate
Ga'rog uses his massive size, weight, and strength to jump his large body into the air and force his massive arms to crash down on the ground below him. This trembles and crumbles the earth, sending a shockwave through it that stuns all nearby opponents as well as damage them. An aftershock follows after 2 seconds, with an intesity depending on the power of Ga'rogs blow.

Level 1 - Jumping takes 1.5 second, deals 200 damage and 1 second stun. 1x Ga'rogs damage in aftershock.
Level 2 - Jumping takes 1.25 second, deals 275 damage and 1.5 second stun. 2x Ga'rogs damage in aftershock.
Level 3 - Jumping takes 1.0 second, deals 350 da[/Smage and 2 seconds stun. 3x Ga'rogs damage in aftershock. // From sjakie
Frost Phantasm
Model: Imported XD (IceCrownOverlordX from Hive)
Spells:
Artic Projectile (Active, Autocast)
Glacius charges his projectiles with the power of frost itself, causing them to deal additional, icy damage as well as causing them to slow opponents down upon hit. Drains 6 mana each shot.

Level 1 - Deals 10 bonus damage and slows for 5%.
Level 2 - Deals 16 bonus damage and slows for 7%.
Level 3 - Deals 22 bonus damage and slows for 9%.
Level 4 - Deals 28 bonus damage and slows for 11%. // From sjakie

Ice Prison (Active, Single target)
Glacius is capable of freezing the very water in the air and using it to form a chilling prison around the desired opponent. When used on an enemy, this restrains the poor victim and causes a nasty frostbite.

Level 1 - Holds for 1.5 second, dealing 30 damage per second.
Level 2 - Holds for 2.25 second, dealing 40 damage per second.
Level 3 - Holds for 3 second, dealing 50 damage per second.
Level 4 - Holds for 3.75 second, dealing 60 damage per second. // From sjakie

Chilling Winds (Passive, Aura)
Chilling Winds follow Glacius around and cause all nearby opponents to shiver and shake in his presence. The longer they remain close to the Frost Phantasm, the more badly they freeze. When they manage to escape the Auras grip for more than 3 seconds however, the Frost Effect is lifted. Has 800 range and a 35% slow cap.

Level 1 - Deals 2 damage per second and slows for an additional 1% per second.
Level 2 - Deals 4 damage per second and slows for an additional 2% per second.
Level 3 - Deals 6 damage per second and slows for an additional 3% per second.
Level 4 - Deals 8 damage per second and slows for an additional 4% per second. // From sjakie

Winters Grasp (active, single target) Ultimate
Being born out of the very world itself, Glacius has been given the power to manipulate the ice and thus controll a small portion of Winter around him. Using this ability, he can cause icicles to extend from the frost attached to his victims body and penetrate the victim. How much damage this deals depends on the situation of the target.

Level 1 - Deals 7 damage for each % of slow Glacius is currently giving the opponent.
Level 2 - Deals 10 damage for each % of slow Glacius is currently giving the opponent.
Level 3 - Deals 13 damage for each % of slow Glacius is currently giving the opponent. // From sjakie

The Darkwood Mistress
Model: Shandris (shocked aren't you XD, not imported)
Spells:
Vengence (active, self) ("Might need improved tooltip") The Darkwood Mistress creates a shield around herself to absorb any damage taken during a period of time. A protion of that damage will then be dealt to nearby enemy units.
Level 1 - Deals 15% of the damage taken
Level 2 - Deals 20% of the damage taken
Level 3 - Deals 25% of the damage taken
Level 4 - Deals 30% of the damage taken

Distorting Light (active, single target) ("Might need improved tooltip too") The Darkwood Mistressswitches places with the target unit, dealing damage to enemy unit's nearby the targets new position and heals allied unit's nearby the casters current position.
Level 1 - Deals and heals 75 points in 100 area
Level 2 - Deals and heals 150 points in 200 area
Level 3 - Deals and heals 225 points in 300 area
Level 4 - Deals and heals 300 points in 400 area

I'm giving +rep to all with sensible ideas and credit in my map !!!!

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Name: Nerubian Titan
Proper Name: Ga'rog
Model: Nerubian Guard
Main Attribute: Strength
Side: Diabolic
Story:
Few opponents are known to have stricken such a fear into even the hearts of the bravest, sacred warriors as the Nerubian Titan. Assumed to be nothing but an imaginary god the spider kingdom worshipped for centuries, Ga'rog stirred up quite some chaos when the fiend suddently showed up on the actual battlefield in flesh and bones. His thick armor is inpenetrable to even the most advanced weapons as be swiftly charges through enemy lines, clawing unfortunate victims with his massive paws. None shall ride into battle agains the Nerubian Titan if they are unprepared.

Spells:
Arachnid Rampage (active, self buff)
Ga'rog works himself into an Arachnid Rampage, allowing him to charge at his opponents with +35% MS and run them over. Ga'rog has no collision size while charging, and actually tramples all opponents that cross his path. Those opponents are then stunned and damaged. An opponent cannot be ran over more than once each charge, however.

Level 1 - 60 damage and 0.3 second stun, lasts 5 seconds
Level 2 - 90 damage and 0.6 second stun, lasts 6 seconds
Level 3 - 120 damage and 0.9 second stun, lasts 7 seconds
Level 4 - 150 damage and 1.2 second stun, lasts 8 seconds

Killing Intent (Passive)
Ga'rog thirsts for his opponents blood more badly than any other fiend on his side of the battlefield. With every kill, his frenzy increases and his blows become harder than before. This ability also adds some slight cleaving damage to Ga'rogs strikes.

Level 1 - 8% cleaving, +2 damage for every kill made. The effect is lost when no enemy is killed for 6 seconds.
Level 2 - 13% cleaving, +3 damage for every kill made. The effect is lost when no enemy is killed for 6 seconds.
Level 3 - 18% cleaving, +4 damage for every kill made. The effect is lost when no enemy is killed for 6 seconds.
Level 4 - 23% cleaving, +5 damage for every kill made. The effect is lost when no enemy is killed for 6 seconds.

Organic Armor (Passive)
Ga'rog is covered with an organic armor, known to let little pierce its solid surface. This grants the Titan fabulous protection as well as it increases the impact when he rams one of his unfortunate victims.

Level 1 - +3 armor, +20 damage to Arachnid Rampage.
Level 2 - +6 armor, +40 damage to Arachnid Rampage.
Level 3 - +9 armor, +60 damage to Arachnid Rampage.
Level 4 - +12 armor, +80 damage to Arachnid Rampage.

Titanic Slam (active, no target)
Ga'rog uses his massive size, weight, and strength to jump his large body into the air and force his massive arms to crash down on the ground below him. This trembles and crumbles the earth, sending a shockwave through it that stuns all nearby opponents as well as damage them. An aftershock follows after 2 seconds, with an intesity depending on the power of Ga'rogs blow.

Level 1 - Jumping takes 1.5 second, deals 200 damage and 1 second stun. 1x Ga'rogs damage in aftershock.
Level 2 - Jumping takes 1.25 second, deals 275 damage and 1.5 second stun. 2x Ga'rogs damage in aftershock.
Level 3 - Jumping takes 1.0 second, deals 350 damage and 2 seconds stun. 3x Ga'rogs damage in aftershock.

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Thanks soo much!!! About the spell though, will it be instant or target pointed ?? and also ... is it ulti or basic ??

Sorry... saw "self buff"

Now that's setting a good example !!! ;);) Please write like that every1 !!

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
The first spell will be an instant self-buff, there will be no targeting anything. The last spell, the one with 3 levels instead of 4, is the ulti.

Komaqtion

Reaction score
The first spell will be an instant self-buff, there will be no targeting anything. The last spell, the one with 3 levels instead of 4, is the ulti.

Ok nice !!!! Thanks !:D:D :thup::thup:

Komaqtion

Reaction score
But which spell would be good to base the passive spells on??

Sorry for double post :(

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
But which spell would be good to base the passive spells on??

Sorry for double post :(

Crypt Lords Spiked Carapace skill should do fine for the armor one. It gives armor also. Just set its damage return to 0% and it should be practicly the same, aside from the bonus damage to the Rampage, which you'll have to trigger.

For the other, simply use cleaving strike. It, just like this custom skill, gives a cleaving attack. Ýou wont have to remove anything, you'll just have to add the temporary damage boost after a kill with triggers.

SkinnyAshley

Reaction score
Morbel, Solar Wizard
Model: Possibly Archmage?
Side: Sacred
Primary Att.: Int.
Description: Morbel has spent all of his 248 year life studying the Sun and its mystic power. Over this time, an inexplicable connection has formed between himself and the solar entity. Through practice, he has learned to harness the Sun's power, to deadly effect...

Solar Glare
Morbel causes the light in his vicinity to flare up, confusing and blinding nearby enemies for 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 seconds. [This would be done with all the enemy players in a certain area having a white filter put up on their screen]

Empyreal Beam
A focused beam of sunlight hits the target enemy, searing them for 60 / 80 / 120 / 160 damage, and causing them to have a 75% chance to miss on attacks for 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 seconds.

Power Of The Sun
During the day the Sun is out, and Morbel is empowered. He regenerates 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 hitpoints per second, and gains 5 / 10 / 15 / 25% mana regeneration.

Hellos Blast
A large area of ground is blasted with solar energy, dealing 200 / 300 / 400 damage to any enemy in the region. The ground becomes superheated in the area, and any enemy that steps on it within 6 seconds after the blast will be burned for 30 / 40 / 50 damage per second.

Obviously I've based this around the DotA level build (4 level minor skills, 3 level ultimate). I hope you like it.
-- SkinnyAshley

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
I might give a shot at the Fel Guard hero if you give us a picture of his model.

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Ok I'll do that then ;)

And thanks SkinnyAshley for the ideas !!!!!

Komaqtion

Reaction score
I edited the top post with a picture of the Fel Guard model ;)

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Name: Frost Phantasm
Proper Name: Glacius
Model: IcecrownOverlordX
Main Attribute: Agility
Side: Diabolic
Story:
"Cold Hearted" is an expression that gives one an impression of both Glacius' personality as well as his horrifying appearance. As ancient as the very roof of the world itself, the Frost Phantasm Glacius has roamed this world for decades, freezing innocent victims in cold, ice prisons for mere fun. Chilling winds follow him everywhere, causing even the most hot blooded warriors to shiver in fear as the Ice Lord approaches. His hate towards mere mortals is feared amongs all beings. All who cross the Frost Phantasm paths will live to regret it.

Spells:
Artic Projectile (Active, Autocast)
Glacius charges his projectiles with the power of frost itself, causing them to deal additional, icy damage as well as causing them to slow opponents down upon hit. Drains 6 mana each shot.

Level 1 - Deals 10 bonus damage and slows for 5%.
Level 2 - Deals 16 bonus damage and slows for 7%.
Level 3 - Deals 22 bonus damage and slows for 9%.
Level 4 - Deals 28 bonus damage and slows for 11%.

Ice Prison (Active, Single target)
Glacius is capable of freezing the very water in the air and using it to form a chilling prison around the desired opponent. When used on an enemy, this restrains the poor victim and causes a nasty frostbite.

Level 1 - Holds for 1.5 second, dealing 30 damage per second.
Level 2 - Holds for 2.25 second, dealing 40 damage per second.
Level 3 - Holds for 3 second, dealing 50 damage per second.
Level 4 - Holds for 3.75 second, dealing 60 damage per second.

Chilling Winds (Passive, Aura)
Chilling Winds follow Glacius around and cause all nearby opponents to shiver and shake in his presence. The longer they remain close to the Frost Phantasm, the more badly they freeze. When they manage to escape the Auras grip for more than 3 seconds however, the Frost Effect is lifted. Has 800 range and a 35% slow cap.

Level 1 - Deals 2 damage per second and slows for an additional 1% per second.
Level 2 - Deals 4 damage per second and slows for an additional 2% per second.
Level 3 - Deals 6 damage per second and slows for an additional 3% per second.
Level 4 - Deals 8 damage per second and slows for an additional 4% per second.

Winters Grasp (active, single target)
Being born out of the very world itself, Glacius has been given the power to manipulate the ice and thus controll a small portion of Winter around him. Using this ability, he can cause icicles to extend from the frost attached to his victims body and penetrate the victim. How much damage this deals depends on the situation of the target.

Level 1 - Deals 7 damage for each % of slow Glacius is currently giving the opponent.
Level 2 - Deals 10 damage for each % of slow Glacius is currently giving the opponent.
Level 3 - Deals 13 damage for each % of slow Glacius is currently giving the opponent.

Tom_Kazansky

--- wraith it ! ---
Reaction score
@sjakie, Frost Phantasm's Winters Grasp, so a target could be given [ 11% (Artic Projectile) + 35% (Chilling Winds) ] = 44% slow, then it will take 308/440/572 damage ? :confused:

EDIT: and Nerubian Guard's Titanic Slam, how should the visual effect be ? ( Fel Guard model doesn't have animation for "jump", right ? :( )

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
@sjakie, Frost Phantasm's Winters Grasp, so a target could be given [ 11% (Artic Projectile) + 35% (Chilling Winds) ] = 44% slow, then it will take 308/440/572 damage ? :confused:

Assuming you're not using any slow items, yes.

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Well, now i came up with another thing to add to the top post ... i also need ideas of special effects to use in the spells i am given XD

HalosNTariff

Reaction score
I'm not very good at making up spells but I'm not bad at thinking up names/fluff:

For your ice heroes spells you could use names such as: Hyperborean Cannon/Blast/Flare, Icicle Spear, Sennen Hyōrō etc. Using names from mythology/other languages can really make spells stand out.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
EDIT: and Nerubian Guard's Titanic Slam, how should the visual effect be ? ( Fel Guard model doesn't have animation for "jump", right ? :( )

The Nerubian Titan uses the Nerubian Guard model, not the Fel Guard model, obviously. I'm not sure wether that Narubian Guard model does have a slam animation, though. But I'm pretty sure just some sort of hitting animation with a jumping effect and some shockwaves should do the trick as well.

Oh, and I'll come up with more ideas soon. I dont have time to sit down for that right now.

Komaqtion

Reaction score
It has a quite good attack animation, so it won't be that ugly XD

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Bump!!! (not to you sjakie ;))
Still need lots of ability ideas and heroes, and also items !!!!!!!!!!! both regular items and recipes !!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.