Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have other (important) things to do now

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe i could help you if u learned some Englisch

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters

Doctor-Peppe

Reaction score
I spend more then 3 hours making such trigger in GUI and all i could come up with was givind a unit an aura and if under the effect of the buff the unit will be randomly pushed to a side. But that would include that i have to check every 0.5 sec of the gametime if any of ALL units in playable map area has a sertain buff. And that could cause some lagg, even without memory leaks, when combined with other time triggers.
So i wonder if there anyone who could help me making such a trigger in JASS.
(the problem in gui is that it doesnt see custom variables in EVENT editor) :banghead:
Should look something like this:
If a unit, classification mechanicle come in range 100 of an other organicle (not a building, not mechanicle) unit and the triggering unit speed current is higher than 200 then take that victem, take 20 damage, play death animation, make victem face the mech unit and Move the victem instantly of its position offset by 9.00 towards Facing itself - 180.00 degrees (move it few times to create a kickback effect)
So that is about it, it would realy mean world to me if someone helps

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> And that could cause some lagg, even without memory leaks, when combined with other time triggers.
what makes you say that...? unless you have 1000 units or so, picking them all shouldn't make a problem...not even every 0.5 seconds if you remove the leaks.

> So i wonder if there anyone who could help me making such a trigger in JASS.
nothing really jass can do for you because...

> the problem in gui is that it doesnt see custom variables in EVENT editor
...jass can't help here...

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
thsi would actually be simple in JASS, really

though ud have to know JASS to create this

GUI could do it too, for you, if you wanted, what kinda triggers your got there?

emjlr3

Reaction score
why would someone do this for you, that is not what mapping is about,

post your trigger, and maybe someone will help you

Doctor-Peppe

Reaction score
Because you can't make it in GUI. And if i want to create it in jass than its atleast 1 month learning it

emjlr3

Reaction score
nothing to it but to do it

xombie

Reaction score
If you private message me (whoever made the post I forget) I could probably help you out. The only thing you cannot do is make the sliding unit collide with another unit, making the collided with unit a sliding unit, and so on and so forth, because it would require an infinite amount of functions. However JASS can help you out on this one and its also possible to do in GUI. But private message me when you read this I have school so I'll get back to you when I can.

xombie

Reaction score
First of I'd like say wow wtf? Since when is neutral-calling allowed? As in since when can you do:

function a takes nothing returns nothing
call a()
endfunction

Its the same concept with a timer unless a timer works more globally, which would be cool and I've never expieramented, the only time I make collision slides is when I have a small trigger that simulates an extremely small knockback on the collided units. Hey you learn something everyday and this proves to be a very useful peice of knowledge. Thanks dadads.

D

dadads

>First of I'd like say wow wtf? Since when is neutral-calling allowed?
Function recursion works in JASS, that's one good news I found out earlier.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.