Can an item give a attack range bonus?

M

mc117

Is it possible to have a ranged hero gain a range bonus when he picks up an item? I don't see any ability for it, only the upgrade.

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I tryed to do this once. What I did was used one of the orbs that make units attacks ranged when attacking air and gave every unit the 'air' classification.

M

mc117

Okay I have it like this: I have a hero with the improved bows (+200 range) upgrade. when the hero acquires the item, triggers set the upgrade to level 1. When the hero loses the item, triggers set the upgrade to level 0. however the hero keeps the range bonus, any reason why?

(All triggers are firing properly)

edit: argh I see it says tech cannot be unlearned through this trigger. Anyway to unlearn it?

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
Upgrades cannot be undone with triggers.

You might try some orb ability.
I believe that orbs switch attacks on/off, or so. Using that, you might be able to configure the unit's second attack with a higher range and let the orb ability switch between them.

skytainted

Reaction score
Oh.. I believe this is what you're going to do..

Create an Item and name it anything you want. Then go to Abilities-Abilities and make it a trueshot aura by the Priestess of the Moon-Night Elf.

trb92

Throwing science at the wall to see what sticks
Reaction score
Oh.. I believe this is what you're going to do..

Create an Item and name it anything you want. Then go to Abilities-Abilities and make it a trueshot aura by the Priestess of the Moon-Night Elf.
That increases ranged damage by a %, he wants to inrease the actual range you can shoot.

The only way I can figure to do this is to make 2 upgrades that have a whole ton of levels. One upgrade will increase the range by X, the other will decrease range by X. Then, when you acquire the item increase the level of the increase range upgrade by 1, and when you lose the item increase the level of the decrease range upgrade by 1.

This stops working once they are both at max level, though. Not sure what upgrades max out at.

Cidzero

Imma firin mah lazer!!!1!1
Reaction score
Theres no real way to do this.
All you can do is:
A) Use upgrades that are permanent
B) Multiple versions of the units, with different ranges according to your choice.

Also: Upgrades are like spells, 100 lvls max, this will ultimately end in failure if you decide to use multiple upgrades.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.