Can ye help me learn JASS and what everything does?¿?¿

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
B

BilliamBoy

Thanks you for the help...
//?????????????????????\\
you know it's actually really hard to understand... I don't think it says it clearly enough for me.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
BilliamBoy said:
you know it's actually really hard to understand... I don't think it says it clearly enough for me.
its as simple as possible, took me about an hour to learn jass using it...
i had some programming knowlege before reading though.

Monovertex

Formerly Smith_S9
Reaction score
I had no programming knowledge, but it didn't took me very much to understand the basics. The really basic things (what is a function, what are locals, how to use them and things like those) I learnt from Vexorian's tutorial. The other things I learnt from studying other people's code and by receiving tips from people with more experience in Jass. :) I realised that I like programming :D

B

BilliamBoy

Ty where is that tutorial i might understand it better.

Siefer

Reaction score
How long did it take you, smith? I would love to learn JASS, but I haven't found the time. If it takes just an hour to learn, as SFilip said, then I might be encouraged to clear some things in my schedule. From a first glance at the tutorial, it looks like I'd have to clear time for a week or longer.

Monovertex

Formerly Smith_S9
Reaction score
Well, I had a long story: first, I start reading Vex's tut, in less than an hour I learned what is a function etc, then I started to make simple functions and I was keep getting compilation errors, I was getting very annoyed and this, along with the thing that I was busy with school made me forget about learning Jass. Then, I started it again and, with a lot of help from Daelin, I became more experienced and now I'm getting better and better. I started learning Jass about 2 months ago, but from this 2, probably just 1-2 weeks I learned Jass. Considering the fact that I had no experience in any programming language, I think it didn't took me too much... Anyway, it worths learning it, it'll make your life much easier in Wc3 modding :D

Tip: be patient. my mistake was that I was very impatient ;)

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
What I do is make a trigger, then convert it to custom text, This is helping me learn the basics.

Partly off topic: But like Sfilip, I have past programming knowledge(VB 6, HTML+some CSS+ java script(They are kind of linked)
But I learned about variables in world editor.

Monovertex

Formerly Smith_S9
Reaction score
The thing is that GUI uses a lot of shitty stuff (ie: the BJ functions that call another function =/ ).

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
simply converting will help, but you need to learn the advantages of jass from a tutorial.

> But I learned about variables in world editor.
if you didn't learn this before "facing" with the editor then honestly how much programming knowlege you have? :rolleyes:
and btw JS, CSS and html aren't programming, they are scripting languages.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.