Can't find the right event...

Farplane

Reaction score
I have a simple problem, I have a leaderboard and I want to make it so when a player leaves their name will be changed to "-Quit-"
Problem is, I can't find an event that would fit my case. (I need to find a way so the event is "A player leaves the game"
That's all. Anyone got any other ideas I could use?

DuckieKing

Elitist Through and Through
Reaction score
Player - Leaves Game

Are you using RoC? If so, boolean HasLeft, every .5 seconds check if slot = playing and HasLeft=false.

Farplane

Reaction score
Player - Leaves Game

Are you using RoC? If so, boolean HasLeft, every .5 seconds check if slot = playing and HasLeft=false.

Alright, thanks.
So, would
Code:
 Player Quits Effect
    Events
        Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (((Picked player) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Do nothing) else do (Leaderboard - Change the label for (Triggering player) in (Last created leaderboard) to -Quit-)
Work?

Farplane

Reaction score
Alright, thanks.
So, would
Code:
 Player Quits Effect
    Events
        Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (((Picked player) slot status) Equal to Is playing) then do (Do nothing) else do (Leaderboard - Change the label for (Triggering player) in (Last created leaderboard) to -Quit-)
Work?

Sorry :( thought it'd be better to bumb this considering I edited the post with my script a little late..
Anyways, would it be change the label for (Picked Player) or (Triggering Player)?

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Picked.

But, why not use "Player - Player leaves game"?

Either way, 100 times every second is way too often... every second is enough.
There's also definitely no need to set the name on every single test after the player left, once is enough.

Farplane

Reaction score
Alright, thanks (this time for real), trust me I would use that, but for some reason I don't have the event "Player - Player Leaves the Game" -_-"

DuckieKing

Elitist Through and Through
Reaction score
It's only in the TFT editor or WEU. Not sure if it would work for RoC after being added with WEU. Anyway, if you do use RoC, make it every 1 or .5 seconds, and use a boolean array to check if they're gone.
That'll also show Quit for originally empty slots, I believe, unless you do something about it. I'd have to look at your leaderboard for that, and I'd prefer you figure it out for yourself. Go along the lines of the boolean array HasLeft.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.