Caster Defence (new map) needs testers

0cossin77

Yes, I am awesome.
Reaction score
I appreciate the help, but most of the stuff i put in my maps is on perpose and please give me some time to fix a few things, BTW no triggers my behind... you wish i had only a few triggers...

1. please make the first sentince less offencive looking... i got confused at first
2. I would put coustom loading screens and minimaps like all of my other maps but for some reason they just aren working anymore... and its not just me ive had senkin test them also.
3. I suppose i should make it remove decaying instead of dying unit
4. A story wouldnt hurt (im good at them)
5. Im planing on changing my triggers to only 10 trees
6. If it is so easy have you beaten it on hard? If not how long?
7. Have you read the quests?
8. Why did the spot to change the Quests name dissapear?
9. Im planing to add ranged units to the next version
10. Im giving the last one to you but this map was ment to be simple (even though is will become more complex) because i was tired of playing the same map over and over agian.
11. mabe following the unit but then whats the point of creeps runing up the side... it looks cool?
12. where did i put a wrong color code?
13. Thanks for the help

To prove my triggerness
Page 1
Page 2

Demonfaze

8 yrs. Hell, it's been a long time.
Reaction score
Just a suggestion for later on:
Many of your triggers could either be combined into one trigger, or a long trigger made into a short one.
Use "For Each Integer A" and "Pick Every Player in Player Group and do (actions)"....*Hint Hint*

Repetitive triggers only add the amount of work you have to do, and increasing lag depending on how many 'repetitive' triggers you have.

-Demonfaze

0cossin77

Yes, I am awesome.
Reaction score
Demonfaze said:
Just a suggestion for later on:
Many of your triggers could either be combined into one trigger, or a long trigger made into a short one.
Use "For Each Integer A" and "Pick Every Player in Player Group and do (actions)"....*Hint Hint*

Repetitive triggers only add the amount of work you have to do, and increasing lag depending on how many 'repetitive' triggers you have.

-Demonfaze

Doesnt work if its a FFA map does it?

Cres

Reaction score
Errr you know thats alot of triggers, and that really doesnt look pro no offense but im pretty sure you could shorten some as Demonfaze suggested, less trigs, better since less lag/confusion I wouldnt worry about ranged units, (well hard to find a game w/o ranged units) but you should make the game more "attractive" with items, different UNIQUE heros, with cusomized ults etc. and shorten trigger code :) thats just what i think, but you can totally disregard this as i have not played it

0cossin77

Yes, I am awesome.
Reaction score
Cres said:
Errr you know thats alot of triggers, and that really doesnt look pro no offense but im pretty sure you could shorten some as Demonfaze suggested, less trigs, better since less lag/confusion I wouldnt worry about ranged units, (well hard to find a game w/o ranged units) but you should make the game more "attractive" with items, different UNIQUE heros, with cusomized ults etc. and shorten trigger code :) thats just what i think, but you can totally disregard this as i have not played it

Have you read anything in the last 2 posts i made?

And plus why waste my time with coustom heros and items when most people only last 3 minutes in the game?

Althought those would be a good idea if after i relesed it people got pro, mabe i could relese a pro version of the map with coustom heros and items for people that at least hold thier own through easy

Also please play my game before making suggestions not building on others who have not played it either

BTW THIS IS JUST A QUICK GAME I MADE BECAUSE I WAS TIRED OF PLAYING THE SAME GAMES OVER AND OVER IT IS JUST SOMETHING TO GET AWAY TOO.

Also how am i supposed to combine triggers if they all do seperate things the only way they are related is by their name. they use different regons and different pre- selected units. ONCE AGAIN THIS IS A FREE FOR ALL I donot want blue and every other player to lose if red losses his caster.

AGAIN THIS IS A FREE FOR ALL GAME TYPE!!!!!

it is not how it looks, if you want to see wtf im speaking of ill export my triggers for you then you can talk shit on how i can condense them. but these are here for you to look at only not to steal and use for personal use.

pm me if you want to see them. NOT USE THEM!!!

B

BlackAlpha

These are the very bad things that I noticed:

After 3 min or so the monsters got stuck by the trees. But you already know this.

There is no "the end" window. The game suddenly stops and goes to the score. You need some kind of window or a message or something to tell the players that they've won.

The game is extremely easy. This is what I did, chain lightning, chain lightning, knives, chain lightning, chain lightning etc. Chain lightning is over powered.

AI lag. The monsters were laging after a while because they spawned in insane amounts but only a few of them were actually close to me. Why are they spawning all the way on the right side when I'm not there? Just add them to unit groups or something and make them spawn in the top of a lane so when a whole group is dead another group spawns.

By the way, the map isn't bad, it's just to easy.

0cossin77

Yes, I am awesome.
Reaction score
In Ralation to everything so far

STOP TESTING UNTIL I SAY IVE POSTED A NEW VERSION

every problem bieng said now i allready know and i need some time to fix it. I will not beable to even test this out until this weekend

In relation to this bieng easy, I believe the problem is the creeps are not attacking, or atleast thats what happened to me, I think

BTW if you look at the to pcorner of your screen it says GAME ENDS IN
why would i put a voteng system and say how long each are IF I DONT SHOW IT?

and as for the creeps on the side... IM NOT STUPID ya know i want them there, just because you dont im not going to change it. Its ambience and it tells you how far along untill the next wave. I know how to just make them spawn at the top i just dont want to.

0cossin77

Yes, I am awesome.
Reaction score
whats the point of defending myself when noone goes back and reads it

EDIT: Sorry didnt think about doin that

Mind

Reaction score
Please use the "Edit" button to modify your post. Posting numerous messages in a row takes more space, and is against the rules.

0cossin77

Yes, I am awesome.
Reaction score
I waited enought time for this ^up^

to what jindo said

WHAT is the point to make different heros and items if most people only last 3 minutes and the longest game type is 15 minutes???

Also how are people going to make their own version if i protect all of my maps?

thanks for the support jindo

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Mind said:
Please use the "Edit" button to modify your post. Posting numerous messages in a row takes more space, and is against the rules.

He is right, i know you want to get 500 posts for some reason but you got to edit.

Anyway, one day, when you have finished the full version, i bet people will make their own versions of it because it will be as succesful as dota :)P)

Well keep at it, i would suggest more cliff heights and like i keep saying a goddamn place to buy items and upgrade your heroes.

Blood Mage
---
Blood Fiend
---
Bloodthirsty Hunchback
---
Brood Beast
---
---
Megamortified
---
Collosal Stone Mage
---
Steel Mage
---
Golden Prince
---
Platinum Wizard-King (ultimate class)

each hero all have same abilties but the better the hero, the higher the levels of the abilities.

Keep workin at it and dont give up until it is a success and finished!

~Jindo i have faith in you! Trust it and you shall succeed!

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Haha nice map :D

Few things:

- There is a lot of lightning, but no thunder :p. Even out the proportion ;)

- Its called castle defence, but I see no castles :p more like mag defense or *ahem* flood basin defense

- The stupid invisible barriers :p I didn't see them the first time, and consequently died. Make it a little more easy to see :p

Thats all I can see

GJ :D

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
Shadowy Fear said:
- Its called castle defence, but I see no castles :p more like mag defense or *ahem* flood basin defense

Sorry couldn't help pointing out: Its Caster Defence not Castle...

0cossin77

Yes, I am awesome.
Reaction score
It seems that I have all of the correct triggers but the lightning just refuses to play for some reason (ill post the trigger I have later/ check it out when I get my new computer)… as for the invisible barriers… does anyone have anyone have any ideas how to… blend them in like with trees… also does anyone know how not to allow trees to show up on the minimap?

B

BlackAlpha

Object editor > Destructibles > The tree you want to edit > art - minimap - show > set this to false.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.