Caster Defence (new map) needs testers

0cossin77

Yes, I am awesome.
Reaction score
Need testers for New Map, Caster Defence

let me know if anything goes wrong or if there are any bugs. Also add suggestions.

Please test online

To test by yourself go to in the wc3 main menu then click

1. single player
2. custom game, by the bottom of the screen
3. click the map you want to try out

VERSION 1.1 RELEASED

Yea my first screenies!!!

From red's corner of map

Top View

From brown's corner of map

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
sorry

I cant really tell because when i put the map into my warcraft III folder, it doesn't show up in the folder in the game.

Would play it but can't. Sorry :(

~Jindo

_______
rated 4.75/5 for mapping

0cossin77

Yes, I am awesome.
Reaction score
ok let me chack on that, double check to see if you put it in the download folder, if there isnt one create one.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
oh my god! You typed the name up as w3m! I opened up ROC no wonder i got it wrong it is expansion!

---

Next time save it as w3X if you expect me to get it right :p

~Jindo

Edit: lol, it is a good protector if it tricks people into using the wrong game to play it :D

I played it and a few things that you should consider:

~You have to be lvl 7 to get lvl 2 abilities? Change that please

~You should turn off a spawn creeps trigger for any players that aren't playing. It got very laggy on my own...

~Try adding a tavern that gives you heroes to choose from, they each have their own unique abilties.

look in wc3sear.ch for decent abilities to use if you cant make customs but you want to.

0cossin77

Yes, I am awesome.
Reaction score
i didnt expect someone to do that... doesnt tft open up roc anyways?
Anyway my protector did that... its stupid (but effictive)

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
When i play it, they come up but they dont move. They shouldn't really be there if the player isn't playing.

I'm sure hat with a few more hours/days on it, you could make a new type of map. (CD/HD (Caster Defence/ Hero Defence :D)

~Jindo

0cossin77

Yes, I am awesome.
Reaction score
oooo nvm i see the problem

i got it fixed if you still wanna try it out, you'll have to download it again tho

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
yup.

he's right, it's hard (okay virtually impossible if you are red) but it is okay.

I might suggest a bit more scenery and like i keep asking, a tavern were people can choose a hero with their own powers.

~Jindo

C

CommanderZ

OK

-trees blocked monsters after two minutes of game!!!
-voting is good idea
-why is it only about camping on the side of lane and shooting bolts???

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
played it and: it was a lot better! i got to level 3, is it supposed to be "Thing" in every level, because that is what happened to me.

Also, if you dont want to add more heroes, atleast add something to give people a good chance of winning.

~Jindo

0cossin77

Yes, I am awesome.
Reaction score
yes thing in every level, but i think in my next version im going to put in ranged units somewhere in there, and i think it is just you, most people last near 3 minutes, a few have beaten it (along with me, which i cant beat every time because it is hard and balenced) and some idiots say oh this is gay only dark green gets kills!!!(even tho their invunirable in browns lane) then they run up to the top and get killed when their lane spawns... idiots.

Mind

Reaction score
Your level is far from bad, but, in my humble opinion, it could use some more work.

Notice that, when beta testing a level, I am intentionally trying to be as criticizing as possible, mentioning every single error I notice and every issue I can think of, to help its author.

In the Loading Screen, you wrote a wrong color code, and it appears as a hexadecimal code.

Why is there no Loading Screen Background? In my insight, it would be better if there was one.

The list in the Loading Screen Description consists of two paragraphs, which is a minor grammatical error, and could give a rather bad first impression.

The mini-map doesn't tell anything interesting about the contents of the level, so I'd replace it by an icon.

The level has no story, which is an important aspect of a game. Also, perhaps the map should have a short prologue cinematic?

The intruders have no death animation, and the trees appearing at random - which often block the path of both the intruders and the defender - have no birth animation.

Since you control only one unit, perhaps the camera should be locked to it?

The game is very easy, which makes it rather monotonous and tedious.

And, most importantly, the game is very unvaried: The game has few triggers, which are essential to make the level interesting. There are also no destructible objects other than the trees. The environment is also rather unvaried and simple, and, even more frustratingly, there are no shops or other neutral buildings, and there is no other source of items.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.