caves of Dar'kunor

dodongo

Reaction score
I'm almost done making a map based on the song by the band rhapsody of fire. They tell a story through song so I decided to make my own interpretation through warcraft 3 where 5 people venture in to get the 7th evil book and stop the black lord from being resurrected.

It even has parts of the song that play according to where you are in the map. I learned a lot from making it as I found solutions rather than asking about any of my problems.

it isn’t a perfect map, but it is my first actual project I plan on releasing so when I get better I’m probably going to remake and re-release it. right now I’m just adding the chorus of the song in when you are in between main parts of it and I’m going to do something about when you get to another song part before you done with the current part you are on.

I’m probably going to do a little bit of cinematics in between. Other than that this is probably the best thing I’ve done. And I guess if anyone has better things to put in I’m not going to protect the map until I remake it. I’m also planning on making the entire first saga the band did called the emerald sword saga similar to this.

its not rly hard but like i said it’s my first project

I might also recreate soul wars from Runescape in it with my own little twist (yes I used to play rs)

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Yay.

dodongo

Reaction score
except its my thread. i dont think anyone would have trouble understanding what im saying if i dont use proper grammar and its faster to type like that not to mention im in the habit of it.

EDIT:

not trying to sound like a jerk but im just saying i rly dont want to type with proper grammar. if i get like 2-3 posts from other people demanding it i will but i dont like using grammar on forums because it takes longer to post.

EDIT2:

meh ill just do it

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
except its my thread. i dont think anyone would have trouble understanding what im saying if i dont use proper grammar and its faster to type like that not to mention im in the habit of it.

EDIT:

not trying to sound like a jerk but im just saying i rly dont want to type with proper grammar. if i get like 2-3 posts from other people demanding it i will but i dont like using grammar on forums because it takes longer to post.

EDIT2:

meh ill just do it

I'm not yelling you, I'm just numbering my points below:

1. No one really likes to read something that looks like the person took 2 seconds to write. I know of several people including myself, who have the bad habit of seeing a block of text or improper grammar and skipping past it or closing the window entirely.

2. That's a terrible habit to get into. It's not hard to press the shift key here and there.

3. Part of the rules of the Members' Projects is to make a post that actually took some thought.
Even after capitalization, just reading the first few sentence makes it clear that you typed this on a whim, without first thinking about what other people are going to be looking for.

For example, I see the thread named 'caves of Dar'kunor' and think the map could have some cool lore, only to be greeted by a wall of text, telling me that you're almost done making a map based on a song (without any link to the song), and with only one sentence about what the plot is. On top of that, there's no screenshots!!

4. Grammar on forums is where it counts, this is how people see your project when they're not directly talking to you. They won't ask questions unless you first capture their attention, unlike in a chat where you already have their attention.

I'm not trying to offend you in any way, nor am I trying to demean your project. I'm just trying to constructively criticize your presentation of your project, as I have experience.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.