Chain lightning... need something special

Axe.killer

Reaction score
Ive tried some things but I cant get this to work. How am I supposed to make chain lightning only zap in a straightish line... Like hits a unit... then zaps the guy behind him..

jwallstone

Reaction score
You'll have to trigger it. When chain lightning is cast, create a dummy at the position of the target. If there is another target within some small angle, then order the dummy to cast chain lightning, and so on, until the unit count limit is reached.

RaiJin

Reaction score
You'll have to trigger it. When chain lightning is cast, create a dummy at the position of the target. If there is another target within some small angle, then order the dummy to cast chain lightning, and so on, until the unit count limit is reached.

i second this, get a variable and make it store the value of the angle between the caster and the target, thenget a group variable and check if there's any units behind that unit

Axe.killer

Reaction score
i second this, get a variable and make it store the value of the angle between the caster and the target, thenget a group variable and check if there's any units behind that unit

exactly what i tried... and failed. Its not picking up the facing angle.
This is what i had....
Create unit at target ability being cast facing facing angle of target
(unit never moves in angel mind you)
Unit group.... pick every unit in front of it, order last created unit to cast another segment.

mind u it never works because the unit created never faces the correct angle.

tmow

Reaction score
Put a trigger that faces the caster to that over 0 seconds with a small wait...also set the turn rate on the caster to low....set the dummy units creation to face what the caster is =D

hope this helps

ps. not 100% sure if that will work but im pretty shure it will

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.