Change Unit When pick up items.

Trickster

Reaction score
Ok...im making orpg that u create your unit..Orc,Troll,Centaur Or human...and they dont have any weapons...so they attack with hands....and i want when i pick up item...to change unit...(not really change change unit) just to change type of attack..u know..i want it ....when it pick up bow...it will shot arrows always...when it pickup sword it will attack woth sword only ground unit that is near him....and u know...if it has spear...it will throw spear...i created lready a lot of items that will attach to u..and be removed from u ...when u equip em and throw em....but its always the same...unit attack only near units...so i want when i pick up bow...to change unit so its able to attack from a far. pls tell me what triggers i need. i tried something....but nah..not working....(and dont foreget....not to change unit ...that would just changed its stats and everything and it will be able to attack from a far...but thats not what i want...i want it to be able to attack from a far...and keep all stats) ...so what to do? :>

Complete English, please, or I fear your red rep will start reproducing :p

Look into using triggers to add the Chaos ability to a unit.

For minor English lesson, don't use so many "..."; it makes your post harder to read. Rather, experiment using commas and periods, if you understand their use, over "..."s.

actually...i cant get this ... < thing out of my typing :> i would need a lot of time for it cuz im using it 1 year already and cant just stop using when u say me to stop but ill try not use it always :>

EDIT:what chaos type abillity? i dont understand can u just try it out yourself,make it work and tell me how to do it?? (U dont need to attach weapon to unit...just make an item that will make you attack from a far i can do attaching myself...)

Your edit message had much better English. No "..."s and thus more readable. I can read poor spelling (innate human ability) over a spatter of unneeded characters.

For the Chaos ability, check out http://www.wc3campaigns.net/showthread.php?t=81742 and look for "Sca1 (Chaos) ". Some valuable information there :)

However, you will need to find it in the Object editor. It's under Human >> Units >> Chaos. Simply change the New Unit Type to whatever the archer unit is with the ranged attack. Then, when you pick up a bow, use a trigger to add the ability to the unit. You'll need to make an ability for each unit that can pick up the bow, so that when they drop it a chaos ability switches them back.

And, if you read the thread that I linked to, you will notice that this doesn't work well on heroes. I don't know what system you're looking for, but anything along what you seem to be trying to make edges towards the pitfall of tediousness.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I would like to see it again like Ghan had it the first time with pagination though - without the pagination that view will not work but with pagination it just might...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This drink recipe I have had more than a few times back in the day! Mind Eraser https://www.thehelper.net/threads/cocktail-mind-eraser.194720/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.