Changing Array Size

Reaction score
No, I wish it was :D With Jass New Gen Pack you can have an array that increases as you put more values though :D That or you recycle the rest of your array!

B

BlackMage-SL

Not that I'm aware of, though that would be an interesting feat. Why do you ask?

Twilight33

Reaction score
because dynamic array sizes are need and useful for so many things.

IE. i'm working on an inventory system and i want unlimited space.

Reaction score
Try and learn Jass and vJass then :D There is such a thing as a dynamic array. And, yes, I agree with you. Dynamic array sizes are amazing.

Seannny

Why GUI when you can Jass?
Reaction score
i dont understand... Do you mean the physical array amount? like when i give an integer variable an array, and it says to choose the size of it?

If thats what you mean you dont need to increase it. no matter what you put the size to be, 1 or 200, you can use as many numbers as warcraft allows for arrays.

For example an array that i set with a value of 2 for the array can fit 20..50...100...the array size doesnt matter really =) just checking "array" will do.

B

BlackMage-SL

Unlimited space might be a bit much... But is it not possible to set the array to something ridiculous, like 5000 or something, and then use it that way? I doubt they would ever get 5000 items.

Twilight33

Reaction score
what i mean is when i set the array size of say an item array in the variable editor to 2 and then in a trigger i want to do item[3], item[4], & item[5]. how would i do that is what im asking.

B

BlackMage-SL

oh, eh im not sure if you can do that in gui... But if you can I bet attempting to add right on to the end of it would be the simplest way.

*unit picks up item
-remove item from inventory
-set removed item class or w/e to array slot max+1?

sorry I'm tired, so if that didn't make any sense let me know and I'll try to rephrase.

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
I am not sure if it still works but in the past I used to simply set the array sizes to 0 (Inf), but all the times I have tryed it recently wouldn't work.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
>what i mean is when i set the array size of say an item array in the variable editor to 2

The size of the array doesn't change it max capacities (8191 size - read post before this one) ; it changes only how it is initialized in the function InitGlobals.
The size is only used when you use a pre-defined value, it will be applied between 0 and <size> to your variable at map init.

Dameon

"All the power in the world resides in the eyes"
Reaction score
I use normal wc3 tft we, I tryed useing newgen but it crashed every time I opened the trigger editor.

Edit. If you use for every interger 1 to so and so and the array size of the array is smaller then the max interger then the values above the size of the array will not be done. SO say array size is 5 and you do for every interger a 1 to 10 then 6 thru 10 will not work. But as I said I used to be able to set it to 0 and it worked fine, but after the update it don't work no more.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.