Classroom: Gui Spell Making (Advance)

DrinkSlurm

Eat Bachelor Chow!
Reaction score
I didn't realize how complicated it would be to make multiple units all slide in multiple directions. But I think I got it working right.

I hope our spell doesn't need to be MUI, because mine is definitely not.

One other problem that I don't know how to solve: my spell also knocks back wards, but I don't want it to. I don't know how to remove units with ward classifcation from my unit group. (Unless I missed it, there doesn't seem to be a condition for unit classification check for wards.)

Other than that, I think I'm pretty happy with my spell.

Edit: I just noticed we will make our spells MUI later on in Lesson 4. Also, I guess got a little ahead of myself with my spell by adding special effects. Oops!

Edit: Removed attachment.

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Woah what i meant by main function was just some actions posted and main function means the part that truly needs to be triggered which means it cant really be done in object editor

DrinkSlurm

Eat Bachelor Chow!
Reaction score
Oops! Jumped the gun by more than a little bit.

OK, here are the triggers I used.
Lesson 2:
Code:
Isolate Target
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Isolate Target 
    Actions
        Set IsoTarg_Caster = (Casting unit)
        Set IsoTarg_TargetPoint = (Position of (Target unit of ability being cast))
        Set IsoTarg_KBUnits = (Units within 300.00 of IsoTarg_TargetPoint matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of IsoTarg_Caster)) Equal to True) and ((((Matching unit) is A ground unit) Equal to True) and ((Matching unit) Not equal to (Target unit of ability being ca
        Set SlideDistance = (200.00 + (100.00 x (Real((Level of (Ability being cast) for IsoTarg_Caster)))))
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in IsoTarg_KBUnits and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Unit - Turn collision for (Picked unit) Off
                Unit - Pause (Picked unit)
        Wait 0.25 game-time seconds
        Special Effect - Create a special effect at IsoTarg_TargetPoint using Abilities\Spells\Human\ThunderClap\ThunderClapCaster.mdl
        Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
        Trigger - Turn on Unit Slide <gen>

The following trigger is initially off
Code:
Unit Slide
    Events
        Time - Every 0.02 seconds of game time
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set N = (N + 25.00)
            Loop - Actions
                Set SlideUnitStartPoint = (Position of (Picked unit))
                Set SlideAngle = (Angle from IsoTarg_TargetPoint to SlideUnitStartPoint)
                Set SlideUnitEndPoint = (SlideUnitStartPoint offset by 25.00 towards SlideAngle degrees)
                Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to SlideUnitEndPoint
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_SlideUnitStartPoint)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_SlideUnitEndPoint)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                N Greater than or equal to SlideDistance
            Then - Actions
                    Loop - Actions
                        Unit - Turn collision for (Picked unit) On
                        Unit - Unpause (Picked unit)
                Set N = 0.00
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_IsoTarg_TargetPoint)
                Custom script:   call DestroyGroup(udg_IsoTarg_KBUnits)
                Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
            Else - Actions

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
When's the "homework" due? I just upgraded my RAM (well my bro bought a bunch of RAM chips for really cheap) to like 1.5 gigs, and I'm gonna be playing some extreme games with high graphics for a bit LOL.

U are a noob

Reaction score
When's the "homework" due? I just upgraded my RAM (well my bro bought a bunch of RAM chips for really cheap) to like 1.5 gigs, and I'm gonna be playing some extreme games with high graphics for a bit LOL.

• Homework will be able to be turned in within 3 days of the lesson to get rep.
  • Homework will be reviewed the day you turn it in and grade posted next day.
  • More Lesson to come.
  • Classes will be on Saturdays&Sundays starting the 22th&23th of April.
  • Lessons will be posted in this first post.
  • Turning in homework first will lead to your spell being used in the next lesson as a example.

........................ Guys all i wanted was the main function of your spell not the whole thing.
Code:
            Loop - Actions
                Set SlideUnitEndPoint = (SlideUnitStartPoint offset by 25.00 towards SlideAngle degrees)
that would be the main function

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Mind if I whip it up without WE? (Well I'm gonna, I can always redo it with WE later if needed).
Code:
   If (all conditions are true) then (then actions) else (else actions)
      If
         Or (multiple conditions)
            (facing of (triggering unit)) is greater than or equal to ((facing of(target unit of ability being cast) - 20.00)
            (facing of (triggering unit)) is less than or equal to ((facing of(target unit of ability being cast) + 20.00)
      Then
         Set temppoint = (position of (triggering unit))
         Create 1 Shadow Strike Dummy for (owner of (triggering unit)) at temppoint facing (default building facing) degrees
         Order (last created unit) to Hero Warden - Shadow Strike (target unit of ability being cast)
         Custom Script:       call RemoveLocation(udg_temppoint)
      Else
         Custom script that will renew hero's cooldown (a function some guy made, I forget who haha)
Oi! I'd say that's pretty nice considering I didn't use WE.

Uhm... I just realized that the ability shadow strike would do EVERYTHING for me, slow them and do damage over time (slow down the cooldown to simulate bleeding), and also does an initial large amount of damage.
I guess that kinda makes my ability crappy... :rolleyes:
Dangit! lol

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Well it's this function someone on the website made, I saw it once and I use it in all my spells. Otherwise the GUI function resets the cooldown for ALL abilities. So really I can't do ANY spell that requires conditions in GUI =/
I only use it so if the conditions don't meet give the cooldown back. BUT I suppose in GUI I may be able to take away the ability then give it back? Never tested that =/

(even using custom scripts to remove leaks isn't GUI too ;))

U are a noob

Reaction score
Sooo... What can I do about resetting cooldown if the conditions do not meet?

Save all abilities in variables. Remove those abilities (leave the spell you want to cooldown) cooldown all spells then put those spell back in and remeber to do the skill points and right level for each spell.
If removing and adding resets cooldowns than just do that for the original spell

DrinkSlurm

Eat Bachelor Chow!
Reaction score
Code:
            Loop - Actions

Sorry, I didn't understand what you meant by main function, but now I do. So I guess that's my assignment then.

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Save all abilities in variables. Remove those abilities (leave the spell you want to cooldown) cooldown all spells then put those spell back in and remeber to do the skill points and right level for each spell.
If removing and adding resets cooldowns than just do that for the original spell

Do I have to do my thing again with that :nuts:
Yo if I have to make all my spells in 100% GUI except for removing leaks, it will become a pain, ESPECIALLY FOR RESETTING ABILITY COOLDOWNS >_>
I'm only here for fun keep in mind, I don't think there's much more GUI I can learn...

Slywolf15

Reaction score
Here is mine sorry i'm late on it. I have been busy so I got permission to change my spell.

Code:
Actions
    Set SetPoint = (Target point of ability being cast)
    Unit - Create 1 dummy for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at SetPoint facing (Position of (Triggering unit))
    Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Target unit of ability being cast)
    Set Dummy = (Last created unit)
    Unit - Add a 2.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
    Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (60.00 x (Real((Level of Stunning Strike  for (Triggering unit))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
    Wait 0.50 seconds
    Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to SetPoint, facing (Position of (Targeted unit))
    Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_SetPoint)

I don't think there are any leaks.

A

alxrvn

Sry for barging in.

I wonder if someone could help me; i am trying to add a spell to an attack.
the abilitiy is Thunder Clap, and i tried with a dummy all works fine but the animation, i've tried to hide the dummy and the animation disapears, the same with "locust".Point Blank the animation only shows when the dummy is visible and has a model.

My ability is GUI, i have no knowledge of JASS whatsoever and i am a noob.
I ask only to be pointed in the right direction.THX.

ps: i would like to join this class :D

U are a noob

Reaction score
I wonder if someone could help me; i am trying to add a spell to an attack.
the abilitiy is Thunder Clap, and i tried with a dummy all works fine but the animation, i've tried to hide the dummy and the animation disapears, the same with "locust".Point Blank the animation only shows when the dummy is visible and has a model.

My ability is GUI, i have no knowledge of JASS whatsoever and i am a noob.
I ask only to be pointed in the right direction.THX.

ps: i would like to join this class :D
umm you need to change the model to _.
Sorry guys im gonna postpone the lessons to tuesday and wednesday and home work will be due on sunday so you guys will have time. I'm sorry but i'm really busy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.