Other Cold Wars Footmen

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
I finally realized what linamus was trying to do.

He's saying that there's a lot of mapmakers trying to brag about their map and saying it will be out. However, there was no releases. This will be over and out at Summer 2008?

According to research, 1 custom model is equal to around 185 Kilobytes of data when imported into a w3x map. (From the hinted custom model of Mario Paintball v1.0)

120+ would be close to 22200 Kilobytes of data (22.1 Megabytes), which is like Dota map sizes. (No Dota here!)

I suggest it's impossible. Unless you always uses the in-game models. Wouldn't that be ironic?

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score

He's saying that there's a lot of mapmakers trying to brag about their map and saying it will be out. However, there was no releases. This will be over and out at Summer 2008?

According to research, 1 custom model is equal to around 185 Kilobytes of data when imported into a w3x map. (From the hinted custom model of Mario Paintball v1.0)

120+ would be close to 22200 Kilobytes of data (22.1 Megabytes), which is like Dota map sizes. (No Dota here!)

I suggest it's impossible. Unless you always uses the in-game models. Wouldn't that be ironic?

I doubt he has the intention of using custom models for everything, but it's not like there's no way to reduce the filesize of models and maps quite a bit; it just takes some time, and I'm sure it will be fine. And your syntax sucks.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Co0ments? :( All feedback is appreciated.
How can we comment on a map we cant play yet, with no new idea, just another footmen wars. If its really balanced, then it sounds like it will be cool, but sadly, I have a hard time beleaving it will be....

linamus

I r bak!
Reaction score
I doubt he has the intention of using custom models for everything, but it's not like there's no way to reduce the filesize of models and maps quite a bit; it just takes some time, and I'm sure it will be fine. And your syntax sucks.

Proove your words

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score

Alot of haters in this thread :nuts:

Obviously all the heroes wont be custom models. That would be absurd. Almost every custom hero has custom spell models and icon models, which is completely manageable with file space. If you guys are extremely eager for a demo map, I begin preparations for one.

Stormahawk

Reaction score
I have seen and used the map and I have to say its a really awesome map. While you may be ignorant of what it is and want I_RULE_YOU to fail so he wont steal your thunder, I have to say that this map will probably be the best footmen map ever made :thup:
PS: for you people who think this map is hopeless, show me a map that YOU made. CWF is an awesome map

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
I have seen and used the map and I have to say its a really awesome map. While you may be ignorant of what it is and want I_RULE_YOU to fail so he wont steal your thunder, I have to say that this map will probably be the best footmen map ever made :thup:
PS: for you people who think this map is hopeless, show me a map that YOU made. CWF is an awesome map

This is a puppet account of the original poster. Agree/disagree everybody?

Stormahawk

Reaction score
I am not him. Go to w3 sometime and come to channel clan hawk. I am in his clan and saw the map and thought it was really awesome and when I saw your posts I thought that was a bit premature of you to assume that it will fail.

jnZ

I
Reaction score
greatest map of all time?

i HATE footies they are just... so extremely stupid :D at least thats my opinion and iam shure many think the same

but maybe you can change that silly-non-skill-footies and make a better map that even i like

good luck

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
I am not him. Go to w3 sometime and come to channel clan hawk. I am in his clan and saw the map and thought it was really awesome and when I saw your posts I thought that was a bit premature of you to assume that it will fail.

Technically I don't think it will fail. It will just never be released because sooner or later he'll lose patience with designing "120+ unique heroes" and just give up. And giving up=/= failing. Although if he ever does release it a lot of the heroes will be similar, because it's impossible to design 120+ heroes and have them all be unique. Unless by unique you mean spam burn spells with different lightning/projectile effects.

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
Been a long time since I last checked this, released a much newer, far more detailed update. Check for that instead if you are interested.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.