Command Center/Hatchery/Nexus placement

Malgor

Reaction score
I love the map created by Were-Wolf. I emailed him and he sent me here to ask the question no one on other forums can seem to answer.

He created the map called "Fastest Map Possible" - by Wolf.

In it he only creates one mineral field and one vespene geyser with 999999999 units in them. Then he has 8 starting points that end up so close to the resources that the gathering units basically just turn around back and forth no matter which race you choose.

I found a post after much searching on YouTube which describes how to almost do this by hitting F7 and altering the command center/hatchery/nexus so they alter the footprint by checking a box that says "Near Resources".

I've tried this approach and it doesn't work exactly like Wolf's, especially when choosing the Zerg race - it's over an inch away from the resources.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about and how I can get it so that no matter what race I put on my map I can have them all do exactly what happens in Wolf's map?

I've tried copy and pasting his resources and starting points onto my new map and it still won't do what his map does.

Thanks in advance for any helpful replies -

Malgor

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be smarter to post in the Starcraft Editor Help forum?

Malgor

Reaction score
Now that I have this in the correct forum - should I link wolf's map so people know what I'm talking about by having the command center/hatchery/nexus butted up to the mineral/gas location?

Secondly is there a way to save all a maps variables and start a new map with those saved variables? So let's say I can't figure out what WERE-wolf did when he created the map (he can't remember it was so long ago, but got help here, he remembers) if I can just save everything related to the map itself, start a new map using any changes he may have made, perhaps that will let me locate the minerals/gas close to starting points?

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Go into the data editor, pick the data type called "Footprints".

Find "Footprint 5x5 (Contour)".

Edit the Layers +.

Change the layer from Pathing to Placement Check.

To the right, press Define sets.

Uncheck the "Near resources" checkbox.

Press "OK".

Press "OK".

Do the same thing for the footprint called "Footprint 6x5 (Drop off + CreepSource + Contour)"

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.