Complete IP Change.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I`m on a mac laptop, and I tried refreshing my DCHP, how can I completely refresh my IP? For ever?

Exfiltrate

Reaction score
Forever?

What do you mean by forever? Change the IP and keep the same one "forever"?

Which IP are you trying to refresh? The LAN IP, or the WAN IP (Your local IP, or the IP that you use to connect to other people?)

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I mean completely change it, as in, I want a new one. I`ve been using Proxy servers for a long time, and I just want to get a new IP address, instead.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
Im going to assume you want to change your WAN (external/internet) IP

it is assigned to you by your ISP(Internet service provider) - usually on a 2 week lease or so - you can try restarting your modem, but chances are it wont change it (yet I say it as it's the easiest thing to do)
so you might want to try calling your ISP and ask them to change it, since they are the ones that assign it

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I`ll try resetting =]

Thanks. Rep to all.

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Some ISPs will always give you the same one no matter how many times you reset- until they do some upgrade on their side that makes it more convenient for them to issue you a new one. They might not do it upon request, but who knows. You can always change ISPs!

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I know my ISP won't change it if you ask. They say that the only reason to change a residential IP is for "Malicious reasons". :rolleyes:

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I know my ISP won't change it if you ask. They say that the only reason to change a residential IP is for "Malicious reasons". :rolleyes:

then remind them that
1) they are a Service Provider - not the police
2) changing ISP's will also give you a new IP

Samuraid

Advisor
Reaction score
Regardless of the speed, it still works though. :) At least as far as web-browsing is concerned.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.