Computer use transport?

Elf Alpha

Reaction score
Maybe I've just not played enough yet, but it seems to me the computer doesn't really make much use of transport vehicles in melee maps. I'm working on a map in which I'd like one computer-controlled force is a group of pirates, so that they'll load up and harass all the other players every so often. Defeating them is not a condition for victory, though, just the other "regular" computer and/or human players involved. Is this impossible to configure?

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
you have to setup that up in AI, or you can trigger it depending how often you want the pirates to attack you/computer/whoever....

Elf Alpha

Reaction score
I've been reading up on the AI Editor, but I can't seem to make them do anything besides harvest gold. Would this be less complicated figuring out the AI, or would triggers be a better idea?

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
The only transports an AI running on a script might use are Zeppelins.
And, even there, it's more luck than anything else if they actually do...

Mixing triggers and an AI script is not a good idea either as comps on scripts have their own ideas on what they should do next.

Elf Alpha

Reaction score
So I'm probably better off just writing mucho triggers, huh? It may be more complicated, but then again I'd rather spend a lot of time working on something that actually WORKS. :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.