Concerts

chris

Reaction score
I currenty seem to be going to alot of concerts and was just wondering what the best bands are that you have seen live..

Ive seen...The Goo Goo Dolls, Bon Jovi, Nickelback, GunsNRoses so far this year and am also going to see The Goo Goo Dolls again and The Feeling before the years out.

The best so far for me has to be The Goo Goo Dolls....

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
You are the envy of me. I was going to go see Guns n Roses in July, but delays meant I couldn't. :(

I wouldn't mind going to Download Festival 2007, though. :)

Nice vid, Nox :D

I wonder if there are any vids of their Download 2006 slot, it was supposed to be awsome.

1JadedJen

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Reaction score
Really GnR? How was it? Very interested to hear. I went to see their counterpart, Velvet Revolver. Great show, lots of swearing, but great show. Their opening act was Hoobastank...which they surprised me, I thought they would totally suck but they were really good live. Had a great punk feel to their music that I don't hear them having on the radio.

Haven't gotten out to see many rock concerts lately, but did just get back from seeing Jesus Christ Superstar, excellent show as always.

I had wanted to go see Modest Mouse, but couldn't get out of work in time to drive the hour or so away they were playing. Anyone seen them? I am kind of afraid of them sucking live since I saw them on SNL and wasn't very impressed at all.

chris

Reaction score
The first bit of entertainment for the night was Sabastian Bach, who used to be the lead singer of a band called Skid Row. It was impressive and powerful performance, which gave a good mix of heavy and soft rock.

Then after a break....on came Bullet for My Valentine. I had never heard of the group before until I learned they would be supporting G'N'R. Now this is not my normal type of music and most of the vocals were terrible cause the lead singer felt the need to scream down the microphone as loud as possible.. :eek: .but the one track i do like 'Tears Don't Fall' ....was really well performed..

So Bullet for my Valentine went off and that left the main act. Now as anyone whos ever been to a concert the main act normally takes a while to come on to the stage (varies between 30 mins to 45 mins)....not only does this let the stage be changed but it also adds to the build up, but after about an hour and a half, and still no sign of life on the stage, people started slow clapping and booing.

We were all wondering what was happening, as axel has a bit of a reputation for not bothering to turn up, and then came on the big screen....with a women flashing at the camera.......and over the speakers came the cries of 'Don't be shy....get em out'.....after which about 5 gels decided to give the blokes in the crowd something to look at.......Thanks to them they stopped a riot....lol. :eek:

Then finally about 15 minutes later on came G'N'R..Axel gave a great performance

There were parts where we thought they were going to walk off...as near the end of the show someone chucked something at him and he gave a warning to the crowd that if it happened again....they would walk off (and they have on this tour....they did it a newcastle after he was hit twice by a coin).....but luckly the idiots stopped and we got a full show.....plus encore.

Anyone whos been to see them or a fan of the group will know that this is typical of Axel as he hardly ever turned up for concerts on time... :confused:

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I personally don't like concerts... The music never sounds as good live as it does on the CD, mainly probably due to all the editing the songs go through to be produced on a track. And seeing famous people isn't a big thing to me.

chris

Reaction score
Not too worried about seeing them cause there famous.....the main thing for me is the atmosphere...

At the goo goo dolls i got within a metre of the stage and was right next to the big speakers.......ROCK ON....

Must say that they are on of the few bands that have been really truely great live that ive seen. However Bon Jovi came a close second

1JadedJen

Reaction score
That's cool. Good to hear he doesn't suck. I have heard that Bon Jovi is a good act live, and Axel too when he shows. Really? Sebastian Bach? That would be entertaining. He have anything new or did he sing his old hits? I know he doesn't own the name Skid Row so I wonder if he would have to ask permission to sing their old stuff.

My husband is begging me to go to Gigantour. It does sound cool, I do love me some Megadeth, but I haven't heard of half the bands he is touring with. Has anyone been?

chris

Reaction score
Sebastian Bach sung a few of the skid row hits....im assuming that if he wrote them he had the rights anyway+ has some new tracks of his own

BJ was great....that was at coventry...did a two hour set with bout a 5 minute gap inbetween....not bad considing how long they had been on tour.

Gigantour ive never heard of....so im going to be searching on the net for a few vids....ill get back to you on them and Megadeth are really good when they get a well written track....

Ive also seen Whitesnake live @ Birmingham.....the first show had to be cancelled after about 45 mins because he had to keep going backstage to be sick....not very nice....but when he returned after the rest of the tour they were brilliant...could not fault them one bit. :cool:

1JadedJen

Reaction score
Thats cool about Whitesnake. I can't believe some of these guys are still touring. Gigantour is Megadeth's Ozzfest. Megadeth on the main stage in the evening with new bands playing throughout the day on two stages. I am thinking of gettin lawn seats and just showin up for the Megadeth show.

chris

Reaction score
Now that sounds cool......ive been going through ticketmaster and realised that Iron Maiden are on tour.........Yes you heard me correct Iron Maiden....now how long have they been going.......they were formed in the 70s if i am correct and it was the early 80s before they became famous.

I wonder if any of the modern rock bands wilol be going that long...not a chance :rolleyes:

1JadedJen

Reaction score
Iron Maiden eh? That might be worth a buck or two :D I hear Bruce is back with the band too.

1JadedJen

Reaction score
:) Thanks TH!
I am sitting at work having a pretty good laugh with people here givin me funny looks.

Mullit

Reaction score
i know a bunch of peoiple who went to the Reading festival and apparenty muse are good live. ive never been to see them but ive seen some of their gigs on TV and they seem pretty good.

most of the live bands i see are just local bands though like, sound atlas, hearts of the sunrise, Daze one, InMe(not that local but ive seen em live). they're all pretty good but unless you come to Brighton (or essex for InMe) then you probably wont even know about any of their gigs.

chris

Reaction score
Iron maiden are fantastic.........Muse are touring here in the Uk next month i think...may be worth going to as alot of people have said the same thing.

The only thing that annoys me about concerts.....is the best i can never get to....I wanted to go see def leppard play at sheffield.....as its there home town...but could not make it and they hardly ever tour the uk.......the lucky sods in america get most of the tour dates

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I've got a friend who's going to see Iron Maiden in November, though he doesn't really like them :nuts: He just wants to see Trivium, who will be the supporting act. I could probably still get tickets, but at £50 a time, I think i'll be hangin on to my cash... perhaps save for Download '07! :)

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I've never gone to a rock conert, but i've been to a few teen clubs here in town that have live DJ's that produce music there.

:rolleyes:

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
i went too the whitestrips councert herein panama last year.

and the redhot chili pepers when they did that latin america tour.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.