Conditions for ALT+ENTER (Spectators)

N-a-z-g-u-l

Reaction score
Hi,
I want the players in my map to enter a password in the chat, which cannot be seen by other players. My first solution was to add a numpad, but later i thought it could be possible to let the players type their password to spectators only.
In Pictionary (http://www.epicwar.com/maps/6997/) this is used to type in the name of a picture the drawer is going to draw, but in my map it was impossible to send messages to specators that way, why?

Possible reasons:
- Locked player properties
- Map includes forces
- All 12 player slots are used

Anyone who knows what conditions are required?

Frozenhelfir

set Gwypaas = Guhveepaws
Reaction score
I can usually talk to observers even if there are none in the game. Don't know what you are running into here.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
ya i think frozen got the point..?
You can talk to obsever at anytime...or if u keep facing same problem just send us 1 screenshot ?

N-a-z-g-u-l

Reaction score
I even created a new map and disabled the possible reasons i listed in my first post, but it was still impossible ( multiplayer )...

i don't know why it doesnt work, thats why im asking here ;)

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
u pressed F12 then selected the talk to observer?

N-a-z-g-u-l

Reaction score
i tested it with the menu, but wasnt there a shortcut like SHIFT + ENTER = send to all players and STRG + ENTER = send to allies? i was sure there was ALT + ENTER = send to spectators, but doesnt work

N-a-z-g-u-l

Reaction score
ehm, sry for double post, but i think i could be misunderstood... my problem isnt solved, i still need a shortcut like ALT + ENTER, i simply now recognized that sending messages to specators is possible, and the problem isnt the possibility, but the access to it

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
Add player to force where aren' t any other players. While it is his/ her turn.
Code:
Actions
    Player Group - Make (All players) treat Player Group - Player 1 (Red) as an Enemy
    Player Group - Make Player Group - Player 1 (Red) treat (All players) as an Enemy
Should enable that player to talk to allies, but there aren' t any. While others can' t see his/ her chat.

Void

Reaction score
ehm, sry for double post, but i think i could be misunderstood... my problem isnt solved, i still need a shortcut like ALT + ENTER, i simply now recognized that sending messages to specators is possible, and the problem isnt the possibility, but the access to it

Nobody cares about double post. Well maybe they do. But I don't.
Look, I'm going to do it here just to prove my point :)

Void

Reaction score
RAWR! DOUBLE POST!
Okay, ALT+ENTER doesn't work. There's no observer key combo, you have to do it manually.

WindexGlow

Reaction score
A player types a substring -pass
Set Playername[triggering player number] = (triggering player) name
Set (triggering player) name to ThisPlayerIsUsingHisPasswordAndOtherPlayersMayNotUseItBecauseItWillNotWorkThankYouYourNameWillReturnToNormalAfter This
wait .05 seconds
Set (triggering player) name to (defaultname[player number of [triggering player]]

N-a-z-g-u-l

Reaction score
well, should be possible, but i think thats not what i need...

i want players to enter "-league a9g83j" for example in the first 3 minutes to play in a league game (http://www.btanks.de/, its currently offline and im developing a new system)...

well, i could make him be an enemy of all players and make him invulnerable and pause all his units after he types "-league" and then request for the password like "-pw a9g83j", with condition that the player is not fighting (stands in the base)...

hm, yes, but i in a map, i think it was voi's drawing fun, but not the latest version, you had to type the picture you wanted to paint to specators only

windexglow, why change the name? (and there you could also have used a jass local :D )

Void

Reaction score
dude, just hit F12 and switch chat to observers. it's the easiest way, if someone wants to risk their password being stolen let them, people aren't so stupid they won't know better than to talk in allies/all chat.

WindexGlow

Reaction score
Players can only have so many chat letters in a single chat messenge, which includes their name. So by having a really long name, you reduce the amount that will be shown in the game.
(Note: The full messenge might appear in f12. I have not tried this, but should work in concept)

N-a-z-g-u-l

Reaction score
it appears in the chat log... with 200 spaces and with 200 _ , it is always shown there...

well, ill now set all other players to enemies (with vision share, dont know why this works, but it is possible^^), only from the view of the player typing the password, the others still see him as an ally... his units will be paused

so he starts and enters "-league", then he gets a message:
"Send your password "-pw xxxxxxx" as a text message in the next 30 seconds to Allies only."
"It will then not be visbile to any player in the game."

ok, i hope the player then does what he is told and does not wonder "why cant i move my units? why are all players enemis?", so he types "-pw 1234567"

"Password accepted.", and his allies are allies again, and he can move his units

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.