Consisting problems with a spell - Help needed!

Panda

Reaction score
Well I've been working on this "shove" spell for quite some hours today, however I still got problems to get it to work (not even MUI).

Here's the code:
Trigger:
  • Shove Start
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Shove
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Shove_Customvalue Less than 100
        • Then - Actions
          • Set Shove_Customvalue = (Shove_Customvalue + 1)
        • Else - Actions
          • Set Shove_Customvalue = 1
      • Set Shove_Angle[Shove_Customvalue] = (Facing of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Shove_Caster[Shove_Customvalue] = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Shove_CasterPoint[Shove_Customvalue] = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set Shove_Group[Shove_Customvalue] = (Units within 600.00 of Shove_CasterPoint[Shove_Customvalue] matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Gnoll))
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Shove_Group[Shove_Customvalue] and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Shove_TargetPoint[Shove_Customvalue] = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Set Shove_DistanceAngle[Shove_Customvalue] = (Angle from Shove_CasterPoint[Shove_Customvalue] to Shove_TargetPoint[Shove_Customvalue])
            • If - Conditions
              • Shove_DistanceAngle[Shove_Customvalue] Less than 0.00
            • Then - Actions
              • Set Shove_DistanceAngle[Shove_Customvalue] = (Shove_DistanceAngle[Shove_Customvalue] + 360.00)
            • Else - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • Shove_DistanceAngle[Shove_Customvalue] Less than (Shove_Angle[Shove_Customvalue] + 60.00)
              • Shove_DistanceAngle[Shove_Customvalue] Greater than (Shove_Angle[Shove_Customvalue] - 60.00)
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit Group - Add (Picked unit) to Shove_PushUnits[Shove_Customvalue]
              • Trigger - Turn on Knockback <gen>
            • Else - Actions

Trigger:
  • **INITIALLY OFF**
    • Knockback
      • Events
        • Time - Every 0.02 seconds of game time
      • Conditions
      • Actions
        • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Shove_PushUnits[Shove_Customvalue] and do (Actions)
          • Loop - Actions
            • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (Shove_TargetPoint[Shove_Customvalue] offset by 3.00 towards Shove_DistanceAngle[Shove_Customvalue] degrees)
          • If - Conditions
            • Shove_Knockbackoff Less than 100
          • Then - Actions
            • Set Shove_Knockbackoff = (Shove_Knockbackoff + 1)
          • Else - Actions
            • Set Shove_Knockbackoff = 0
            • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

Right now all it does it push back a unit the first time I use it. Then when I use it again it won't do anything. I've troubleshooted the trigger and I've found out that the reason why it doesn't do it the second time is because it in the knockback trigger doesn't pick any units:
Trigger:
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Shove_PushUnits[Shove_Customvalue] and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • **The trigger doesn't get here on the second use**
      • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (Shove_TargetPoint[Shove_Customvalue] offset by 3.00 towards Shove_DistanceAngle[Shove_Customvalue] degrees)

I know the code is one big mess and such, also the reason why I use arrays is because I want to make it MUI (later when I get it to work).
I've had so much trouble with this spell thus any help is greatly appreciated!

Also I know that there are other problems with the spell than the one I pointed out here, however I need to start somewhere which is why I want to fix that error first.

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
you should destroy that Shove_PushUnits group after the use...

Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Then - Actions
        • Wait 2.00 seconds
        • Turn off Knockback <gen>
        • Custom script: set udg_Shove_PushUnits = null
        • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Shove_PushUnits)
    • Else - Actions

maybe just leave the second trigger initially on, just to test it.. remove the turn on/turn off trigger parts from the actions

Dirac

Reaction score
2th trigger

ShoveOff less than 100
set blah blah blah

ShoveOff var isnt MUI, and probably is causin the bugs

Panda

Reaction score
you should destroy that Shove_PushUnits group after the use...

Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Then - Actions
        • Wait 2.00 seconds
        • Turn off Knockback <gen>
        • Custom script: set udg_Shove_PushUnits = null
        • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Shove_PushUnits)
    • Else - Actions

maybe just leave the second trigger initially on, just to test it.. remove the turn on/turn off trigger parts from the actions

This is exactly what I've done. I've "debugged" the triggers and it appears that the place where it stops on the second time is:
Trigger:
    • Loop - Actions
      • *HERE - Apparantly no unit is in Shove_PushUnits[Shove_Customvalue]
      • Set Shove_Target[Shove_Customvalue] = (Position of (Picked unit))
      • Unit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (Shove_Target[Shove_Customvalue] offset by 3.00 towards Shove_DistanceAngle[Shove_Customvalue] degrees)

do you have to clear the variable? or endloop maybe?

Well I don't think the variable matters since I use an array for them every time I run through, thus they will be different on every use.

2th trigger

ShoveOff less than 100
set blah blah blah

ShoveOff var isnt MUI, and probably is causin the bugs

I know that the spell indeed ain't MUI. But what I'm trying to fix at the moment is the fact that it doesn't work on the second use, I'll look at MUI/leaks after :p

Still need help guys :S

Mishtiff

Reaction score
im not the greatest at this panda, but could the problem be that it is saving the variable group for the previous group you made of gnolls and not getting the new group. i have no idea how to fix it, but maybe you can spot the problem? or point out to me what im missing that clears and grabs the new group of gnolls you are trying to get

Panda

Reaction score
im not the greatest at this panda, but could the problem be that it is saving the variable group for the previous group you made of gnolls and not getting the new group. i have no idea how to fix it, but maybe you can spot the problem? or point out to me what im missing that clears and grabs the new group of gnolls you are trying to get

I have sorted the unit group with an array so it will not interact with another group: Shove_PushUnits[Shove_Customvalue] - thus it will each time be a completely new group.
Thanks for your reply anyways. I've spent so much time trying to fix this with no result =(

Panda

Reaction score
I've gotten this fixed with some help. The problem appeared to be the unitgroups arraysize being limited to 1 =)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +1
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.