convert half life model into warcraft model

misterotaku

Reaction score
hi i need some help converting a half life model into a warcraft model.
I dont care if the animations are kept or not so if anyone could do it for me or tell me a simple way to do it please help me.

Thanks.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
this is the project zone for maps in progress, it's not the help section.

Also, converting models from other games to work in warcraft 3 isn't supported here as it's technically illegal and doing such things would just end up with companies being harsher on the mod scene. I suggest you try and learn to model for yourself if you want half-life characters in a warcraft map.

misterotaku

Reaction score
ok i understand wher you are coming from but converting half life to wc3 isnt illegal since the models i wish to convert were created by people/fans.

some of the models came from the half life mod ESF (Earth Special Forces) and it says in the readme file that anyone may use it as long as i give proper credits to the creator of the models.

WindexIsBack

Reaction score
The models are likely under some sort of copyright - it is illegal (well, depending on country orgin) to use a model without authors permission.

Also, you may feel like reading up on half-lifes agreement. Many companies which offer file-types for models in a game also retain the ownership - making it illegal to steal (export to another filetype) the model.

It's a sticky situation that has gone bad many times before, I recommend learning modeling yourself. It will let you make much more flexible models without worrying about copyright stances.

misterotaku

Reaction score
ok2 i get what you guys are saying
but just so you guys know i am sure it is not illegal

it was made by fans most likely in some sort of model creating program (possibly 3ds max) by people for their own half life mods (for other people who dont know 'mod' is not the same as model, jsut incase people get confused) like ESF and as i stated before the author of the models said it was ok to be used as long as credits were given

I know you guys arent gonna help since it seems that its looked down upon here, but i just wanted to make that clear, thats all

by the way the model i wanted converted was Dragon Ball Z so,,,, ya.

mordocai

Reaction score
use milkshape to decompile the mdl, then import the model. it should be smd, and all but 1 of the files decompiled is the model. The models name is usualy just normal, anims have long names

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.