Converting resources to another resources?

maplenet2

Reaction score
Is it possible to create an ability or behavior, with using triggers, to convert minerals to vespene? For example; for every 10 vespene present, a unit will convert it to 1 mineral. Its because i am creating another kind of custom resource. heh.. just wanted to know.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
You can actually do this with an ability (if you want to do it with data).
Make an ability (instant effect) that costs 10 minerals, then have and effect of the type Modify Player and add 1 Vespene to the caster.

Ofcourse it can also be done with a trigger, just make an If/Then/Else that checks if the player have more than 10 minerals, if he does, remove 10 minerals and add 1 Vespene.

maplenet2

Reaction score
i meant to say "without" using a trigger.. but i forgot that could be done, i was wondering if there was a passive effect, like using a behavior that will automatically do it for you.

X-maul

Reaction score
Yeah, you can have a buff behavior use have a periodic effect of type Modify Player (just remove 10 minerals aswell) and have it use a validator, that checks if the player has 10 minerals.

X-maul

Reaction score
I hope my ansvers are fullfilling enough so that you can figure it out. I am not aware of how good you are with the editor, so if you need me to elaborate on my ansvers, please say so :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.