Cooldown modification from ultimate

Halisika

Reaction score
Hi TheHelper.net,

I'm making my first, basic, beginning solo RPG map. My main character is a night elf Guardian (druid/ranger thingy) and I'd like to give her an ultimate called Awaken.

I'm using Avatar (NOT the neutral one) as a base ability because this ultimate will give her armor and spell resistance. I would also like the ultimate to reduce the cooldown of one of her other abilities––Nature's Wrath––to 1. As in, when the ability is cast the cooldown of Nature's Wrath becomes 1, and when it is canceled (or ends) it goes back to 6. Is this possible or do I need to use complicated trigger mechanisms?

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Halisika

xiFackx

Reaction score
I tried to find a way to do this and the best i could come up with and it still be simple

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Avatar
    • Actions
      • Unit - Reset ability cooldowns for (Casting unit)

Halisika

Reaction score
Okay, so I've played with triggers but never figured it out. I'm sure I could, however.

Is there a way to make the Action replace one ability with another? Because then I could just make two, one with a 5-sec cooldown and one with a 1-sec cooldown, then replace the short one with the long one when the ultimate is cast. I hope there's a trigger for that!

xiFackx

Reaction score
Yea you can actually.

Use this, just replace the add avatar with your ability with 1 second cooldown and replace remove animate dead with your 5 second cooldown ability.
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Avatar (Neutral) to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Remove Animate Dead from (Triggering unit)

and to add your ability again
this time replace your ability with 1 second with remove animate dead and replace your ability with 5 second with add avatar
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Avatar (Neutral) to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Remove Animate Dead from (Triggering unit)

Halisika

Reaction score
Okay, I'm trying this now.
Also, is there any way to remove the spell immunity effect from Avatar?

Halisika

Reaction score
It must be built into the order string, because there's no Stat or Data field for it in the Ability Editor. I mean... I have to keep the order string for the custom ability as "avatar", right?

Halisika

Reaction score
Okay :D Well I tried the trigger and it worked, but after the duration of Awaken ended the cooldown stayed at 1. However, I think this is because she was at level 1 and hadn't actually learned the normal Nature's Wrath yet. ANYWAY thank you very much and I hope the map works once I finish it!

xiFackx

Reaction score
To fix that problem you can always add this :

Replace avatar with your 5 second cooldown ability.
Btw it's a hero condition.
Trigger:
  • (Learned Hero Skill) Equal to Avatar

xiFackx

Reaction score
No problem, but i have a quick question for you... ill probably have to end up making a new thread..

do you know how to merge 2 abilites together?

i want a healing wave and a lightning chain to merge together to damage enemies with the lightning and heal the same damage the creep is taking.

Halisika

Reaction score
Oh ghad. I am a complete and utter amateur and started messing around in the WE about a week and a half ago, but my first thought was: Do you want the heal to be for ONLY the unit casting it, or like a traditional healing wave with multiple targets?

Halisika

Reaction score
This seems like it would be really complicated, because doesn't each spell have to be differently targeted? Like: you can't target enemies with healing wave, or friends with chain lightning. So how would the targeting work?

xiFackx

Reaction score
You target an enemy with chain lightning and it creates a healing wave for your team as well as a lightning chain attacking enemies

Halisika

Reaction score
Ahh, and the damage=the healing. That's a pretty goddamn great idea but I don't know how you'd implement a healing wave which doesn't need a target. Maybe make it an AoE heal around the caster? I don't know how, but best of luck with your thread :)))

Xan_Kriegor

I can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I'd just like to clarify for the original question, is Nature's Wrath a unit ability or a hero ability that the player can level up? Because there is a (I think) better solution if it's a level-able ability as the posted trigger won't work well with leveled abilities. Let me know if this is the case and I can post a more detailed answer.

Marvic June B. Corpuz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I've seen that type of ability before, in the fun map dota 6.72f ai fun, where the Shadow Shaman in the fun tavern cast a lightning chain that damage an enemy while heals a friendly unit.. Why not try to use if conditions, try to edit 2 ability first.
One that will be casted by the Hero and one that will be used by the dummy. Use the Spirit Link for the hero and set the maximum number of targets to 1, do not input anything on the damage factors, but you can to the cast range andthe targets allowed like (air, enemy, friend, ground, organic). Do not put anything on the Data - Damage Dealt.. Let the trigger do this.. Just input the number of targets and cast range, aoe. Then create a trigger for it, like...

I think you need at least 2 triggers for this, one for setting the variables and one that will trigger the chain loop. the chain loop usually have a timer expire event.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.