Cooldown modification from ultimate

From what I can tell this the simplest way to do what you need done.

Make a copy of the spell channel, for this I named mine "Stand in spell". Give it the same amount of levels that your spell has, the one you want the CD reduced on, make it a unit spell instead of a hero spell. Give the Hero the stand in spell and add in this trigger to your game.

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Thunder Clap
      • ((Triggering unit) has buff Avatar) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Unit - Set level of Stand in for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Thunder Clap for (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Remove Thunder Clap from (Triggering unit)
      • Wait 0.01 seconds
      • Unit - Add Thunder Clap to (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Set level of Thunder Clap for (Triggering unit) to (Level of Stand in for (Triggering unit))

If anything else in your game is supposed to cause this unit to use another copy of channel just change the order ID of the stand in spell.

You could also create an Engineering Upgrade ability, add it to an invisible Spell Book and add/remove the Spell Book from the unit. This won't interfere with cooldowns one bit.

Xan Kriegor: Yes, it's a Hero ability with 5 levels. I would VERY much like to see your other solution, because I just want it to work right! :) Thanks

neckcuttabob:
I don't understand your trigger all the way, but it seems alright. Does this mean every time I cast Nature's Wrath while Awaken is on, it will switch the spells after 1 sec (the cooldown I want)?
But what confuses me is what happens after the trigger waits .01 seconds. I'll put it in my map and try it nevertheless, but can you explain more please?

Basically your Hero has a unit spell that does nothing and can't be seen.
When you cast Nature's Wrath the trigger will wait one second.
Then it makes sure that the dummy spell is the same level as Nature's Wrath, this makes it so you don't have to set up anything to make/track a variable.
The trigger removes Nature's Wrath.
After .01 seconds Nature's Wrath is added back to your hero and is set to the correct level.
Since the spell is only gone for .01 seconds, unless you're paying far too much attention it will simply look like the cooldown was really short.

You could also create an Engineering Upgrade ability, add it to an invisible Spell Book and add/remove the Spell Book from the unit. This won't interfere with cooldowns one bit.

This is what I was going to suggest. If you look at the Engineering Upgrade ability, what it does is replace one ability with another. You just need to change the abilities that it switches to yours, and it does *most* of the work for you.

Because you'd be adding an ability (the Engineering Upgrade), you generally want to hide that from the player so that an icon for it doesn't show up in the unit's ability panel. Because it's a passive, we can hide it in a Spellbook ability where it will still function. So what you do is make a new Engineering Upgrade ability (listed under Neutral Hostile/Heroes) and clean it up so that it only swaps abilities (get rid of the damage bonus, movespeed bonus, etc. The buff icon is important too). Make it a unit ability so it can go in the Spellbook. Now we just need to give the Spellbook ability to your hero whenever you have the ult on. I would make a trigger along the lines of this:
Trigger:
  • Natures Wrath Cooldown
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Avatar ult
    • Actions
      • Player - Disable Nature's Wrath Upgrader for Player 1 (Red)
      • Unit - Add Nature's Wrath Upgrader to unitMainHero
      • Wait ultimates_duration seconds
      • Unit - Remove Nature's Wrath Upgrader from unitMainHero

You said this was a singleplayer map so some hardcoding can be done since only one unit should be casting the ability. The Upgrader is the Spellbook that holds the Engineering Upgrade in case that wasn't clear.

So yeah! This is what I (and KaerfNomekop) suggest and it doesn't take much work.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is weird seeing a way more realistic users online number
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Tuesday Night!
    +1
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.