Cooldown Question

robinremue

Reaction score
When cooldown is 1, it will make the unit attack every second, Right??
But then if the cooldown is 0, the enemy will die instantly, Right??? (cuz your unit fires countless of attacks in 1 milisecond?????)

P

Persen

No, the game will ultra-crash, and your computer will die too, since you set the unit to attack infinite times per second.

If you want the enemy to die instantly, use a trigger.
Another way is to set the cooldown to 0.01 second. That will not kill instantly, though.

robinremue

Reaction score
I don't want it to die instantly, My unit does like 20 base damage but I want it to do it really fast

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
Question:
Doesnt Animation Backswing Point and Animation Damage Point makes any difference on the attack speed?

If you want a realy fast attack set the cooldow to a vaule lower than 1. Belewe me something like 0.1 is extreame. Make sure that the unit doesnt have a laggy projectile.

P

Persen

I don't think so phyrex1an, since a 0 cooldown will crash and a 5 sec cooldown will wait for 5 seconds. Those fields just affect the animation.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
As an example, your average swordman:
- Bring the sword to his back (Backswing)
- Hit the target (Damage)
- Catch a breath or two (Cooldown)

So, they all add up.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Damage is done after the backswing is finished, so if backswing is 1 second and cooldown is one second, it will wait one second, damage, then wait another second, rinse and repeat.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.