Corrupted Map Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravit

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a serious problem and would appriciate if somebody could help out. One of my maps got corrupted somehow and I lost about four hours work. When I try to open it, it says:

"Trigger data is missing or invalid"

Usually, when I'm done a map and want to protect it, I import a new text document and rename the custom path to "war3map.wtg". When I do that, it gives the same message which is what I want. But this time however, I didn't import anything and am wondering if anyone can hack open the map somehow.

Hoping somebody can fix this.

Gravit

L

LedZepplin

Something similar happened to me along time ago with one of my maps. I cant remember if it was the same error but I lost all my work too. It was a simple map but I had to do a ton of balancing.

Ozzdog

Hopeless Toby Driver fan boy
Reaction score
Also happened to me, i tried to rename the file in the "open map window" thingy. When i hit enter, it like erased the file type. I believe it turned my map into some useless thing like rpg.0 (lol) When i tried to open i got the "invalid trigger data" message. I think you might have the same problem. I had to start over again :(

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
there are many things that can cause this...for instance closing the editor while you're saving (although very unlikely).
nothing that can be done about this really. you could do the steps similar to map unprotection, but you would still lose all triggers (although the jass code would be possible to get).

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.