Couple questions

mOoEyThEcOw

Reaction score
1st thiis spell dosnt work, its basaically when the unit dies if it had the explode on death spell cast on it it blows up (courtusy of the dummy)

Code:
Spell Goblin Sabotage
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        ((Triggering unit) has buff Sabotage ) Equal to True
    Actions
        Set TempLL_Unit = (Position of (Dying unit))
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 12 (Brown) at (Position of (Dying unit)) facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Add Explode (Goblin Hero Sabotage) to (Last created unit)
        Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Neutral - Kaboom! (Last created unit)
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_TempLL_Unit)
        Unit - Add a 1.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

p.s. how do you order units to cast specific spell (im guessing you just order them to cast the original spell you modify/copy?)

2nd how does hero xp work (ie how is it determined how much xp he gets from killing unit x compared to unit y)

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
for 1st question
Code:
youve got this right already

for 2nd question
its in gameplay constants...i think its creep table

mOoEyThEcOw

Reaction score
1: yea k good to know, but the spell dosnt work as it is....

2: yea but how does that work... if this is asking too much a tut pointer would be nice (yes ive serched)

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
is ur dummy unit has the locust ability?
if it has the ability, the ability kaboom wont work
because units with locust ability cant be targeted with any spells

for 2nd question
im sorry because i havent used it yet...:(

mOoEyThEcOw

Reaction score
1: nope

3: another questions how do you get reserches to allow you to cast spells on units (i.e. the sorcer and adept training)

as it is i have a reserch which is blank (gives no benifits) which is on the unit (building) i want to be able to cast it, and the upgrade is a requirement for the spell (in the spells attributes) and is also added to the unit (building). as it is i can't see the ability on the building at any time (before or after upgrade) in game

waaaks!

Zinctified
Reaction score
1. maybe ur kaboom ability doesnt target self...or make the generic expiration timer to 3 seconds, because spells takes time to cast, or even 4 seconds

mOoEyThEcOw

Reaction score
1: i tested the ability by applying it to a unit, it kills itsself instantly, but the area of affect dosn't work....

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
3; Sorry, didn't read this:
as it is i can't see the ability on the building at any time (before or after upgrade) in game
If you aren't able to use an ability to due you don't have the upgrade, it will still show up, just as darker...

mOoEyThEcOw

Reaction score
1: updated spell:
Code:
Spell Goblin Sabotage
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        ((Dying unit) has buff Sabotage ) Equal to True
    Actions
        Set TempLL_Unit = (Position of (Dying unit))
        Unit - Create 1 Dummy for Player 12 (Brown) at TempLL_Unit facing Default building facing degrees
        Unit - Add Explode (Goblin Hero Sabotage) to (Dying unit)
        Unit - Set level of Explode (Goblin Hero Sabotage) for (Last created unit) to 1
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_TempLL_Unit)

3: fixed, delted the spell, and started over works now for some reason

mOoEyThEcOw

Reaction score
I have i gave the ablity to a unit and told it sucide on itsself it worked perfectly, then i give the buff to a unit and have another mele unit attck it nothing happens

xxyourdeadxx

Reaction score
isn't it easier just to use the trigger explode unit? XD. Then all you have to do is pick everyone in range and lower hp by Whatever.

mOoEyThEcOw

Reaction score
well yeah, but i figured out what the problem is, the unit dies right?, therefore it has no buffs cause its dead? i think thats the problem, so now its how do i determine a unit that dies has or more correctly had the buff

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.