Crazy Concept...

T

TittyBear

The other day, my friend was complaining that the save/load codes were a pain in the, let's say, foot, for the player to use. That got me thinking, maybe there's an easier way to do it?

Perhaps with the magic of jass, somehow, you can make wc3 check an online database? Is this concept plausable?

P.S. Anyone who steals this idea without giving me SOME credit will force me to complain at them, possibly with all caps.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> let's say, foot
lol :D

> with the magic of jass
well jass is just a bit different from gui. nothing magical/special there, meaning...

> you can make wc3 check an online database
...this is not possible.

save/load codes are the only way.

T

TittyBear

> well jass is just a bit different from gui. nothing magical/special there,

Why do people bother to learn it then? It seems much easier to just do it the way the bnet god's intented... (Point, click.) Instead of having to learn the new language.

wonderpriest

Reaction score
Jass is the original language, GUI (point, click) was a mercy-type thing that Blizz included to be nice to the people who didn't want to learn the actual language.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
TittyBear said:
> well jass is just a bit different from gui. nothing magical/special there,

Why do people bother to learn it then? It seems much easier to just do it the way the bnet god's intented... (Point, click.) Instead of having to learn the new language.
well there are plenty of possibilities. you can make your own functions, optimize existing, use local variables, use the return bug (read: more good features) etc.
besides in my oppinion typing > clicking. and considering the fact jass can be learned in about an hour...

T

TittyBear

> jass can be learned in about an hour...

Pfft, Half on hour of dreaded work... Although you make a valid point of it being useful for the advanced user. I hope that's what you were trying to say.

D

dArKzEr0

Call me a geek, but I find coding with JASS to be.... entertaining. I'd rather write a function than have my mind melt watching t.v.

-darkz

T

TittyBear

:banghead: What if it was an internal database? As in, on your computer?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What if the player hosting your map has absolutely no connection with your PC?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
TittyBear said:
:banghead: What if it was an internal database? As in, on your computer?
that would be the game cache...which afaik cannot be used twice for the same map online (every time you start the old gets trashed).
so once again: nothing expect for save/load codes is possible.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.