Creep waves?

setari

Reaction score
K, so my friend is making a map where he wants to have the creeps come at P1's base in waves, and I read something about making the creeps spawn and go to a region, but I can't recall where that was. Anyway, does that method work? and if it does could someone post the code? ^^

Edit: Also this would come in handy to me, I love playing creep (especially like zombies or anything of that nature) wave games where you have to defend your base, so it'd be cool to make one :)... does anyone recommend any they know of?

setari

Reaction score
*bump*

Also, youtube is the shiz. but does anyone know how to make the units keep respawning, like in a loop? and how do you get that nifty timer in game thats on some missions? I want to make it so every wave it resets itself to waiting on the next wave.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
1): Don't bump unless 24 hours has passed.

2): Here.
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 1.00 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Countdown Timer - Start Timer as a Repeating timer that will expire in 30.00 seconds
        Countdown Timer - Create a timer window for Timer with title Creeps
        Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

setari

Reaction score
Sweet, thanks. And i didnt know that about bumps, my bad >.<. now i can tell my friends i learned something about forums over the summer :p

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score
This would be the simplest version of what you're asking:

Code:
Creep Waves
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 10.00 seconds
        Player - Player 12 (Brown)'s Food used becomes Equal to 0.00
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Point_Var = (Center of Region 000 <gen>)
        Unit - Create 20 Footman for Player 12 (Brown) at Point_Var facing 270.00 degrees
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Point_Var)

Code:
Creep Move
    Events
        Unit - A unit enters Region 000 <gen>
    Conditions
        (Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown)
    Actions
        Set Point_Var = (Center of Region 001 <gen>)
        Unit - Order (Entering unit) to Attack-Move To Point_Var
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Point_Var)

setari

Reaction score
Ok, this basically didn't help me because I have NO idea what to do with the

Set Point_Var = (Center of Region 001 <gen>) (or anything with Set_point_var= in it)

And anything with Custom Script in it.

and the (Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown) also... everything else there i can do but that's like half the code =(

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score
Set Point_Var is called Set Variable, it's near the top of the scroll-down for add actions. "Point_Var" is what I named my variable. If you don't know what variables are or how to create and use them, I suggest you search for a tutorial, it would probably explain it better than I could.

The custom script reads call RemoveLocation (udg_Point_Var), basically what this does, is it removes the useless information of the Unit Group, as opposed to keeping that information stored for the rest of the game, causing lag. Basically how you do it is type it exactly as I have it, as in call RemoveLocation (udg_name of your variable here) and it will be fine.

(Owner of (Entering unit)) Equal to Player 12 (Brown) is under the conditions scroll-down, it reads Player Comparison.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.