Creeps Drops More Gold!

shazada

Reaction score
Anyone know how to make all creeps of the map to drop more gold with single trigger or something..?

bYo

Reaction score
Event
Unit Dies

Condition
Dying unit belongs to Neutral Hostile

Actions
Add 10 gold to owner of killing unit

Seprest

Reaction score
You mean increasing their bounty without having to modify every unit? If you don't want to do that, I'm sure you could do something in triggers to either modify that field, or have them give gold another way(idk maybe drop a gold item for all I care lol)

shazada

Reaction score
can unit drop more gold according to there level ? like 5-level of dying unit gives more gold then 2-Level of dying unit..?

Seprest

Reaction score
the idea posted above mine is the most solid, maybe there is a way to get the level of a mob and store it as an integer that will modify the gold you get from it. There is no constant that interacts with mob level and gold as far as I have seen.

Maybe you could find out a way to use something like...
Trigger:
  • (Point-value of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 0

idk what point value is, but I'm sure you could find a trend in them if you look at say

murloc --> mercenary lord ---> red dragon mobs

assuming that point value is a field in the object editor.

EDIT: nevermind, most units seem to have a point value of 100 x.x

So I guess you're stuck with the less-dynamic

Trigger:
  • (Level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to x
solution :/

shazada

Reaction score
the idea posted above mine is the most solid, maybe there is a way to get the level of a mob and store it as an integer that will modify the gold you get from it. There is no constant that interacts with mob level and gold as far as I have seen.

Maybe you could find out a way to use something like...
Trigger:
  • (Point-value of (Triggering unit)) Equal to 0

idk what point value is, but I'm sure you could find a trend in them if you look at say

murloc --> mercenary lord ---> red dragon mobs

assuming that point value is a field in the object editor.

EDIT: nevermind, most units seem to have a point value of 100 x.x

So I guess you're stuck with the less-dynamic

Trigger:
  • (Level of (Triggering unit)) Equal to x
solution :/

LOL! Dude english PLZ :D m a NUB :p

are we talking GUI :S can you tell me exact trigger plz.. no jass plz :S

bYo

Reaction score
can unit drop more gold according to there level ? like 5-level of dying unit gives more gold then 2-Level of dying unit..?

Yep, as Seprest said, just make the units give gold equal to:

Trigger:
  • Player - Add ((Level of (Dying unit)) x 5) to (Owner of (Killing unit)) Current gold

So, to clear that up then. Make the amount of gold given an Arithmetic function - make the first value Unit - Level of Unit and select Dying Unit and make the second value 5. IF that doesn't make sense post back here.

shazada

Reaction score
Tnx i'll checking it right away in mean time can you make a gold animation too ? that shows that the unit droped 20 gold and so.. coz i checked the old trigger you gave it just adds gold doesn't show animation that comes on killing units head like +20 gold..

Seprest

Reaction score
I think that number is directly tied to their bounty variable. Which I don't think you can modify in the normal gui.

If you only have a limited amount of units that are going to be dying, I highly suggest that you change their bounty. Unfortunately the blizzard object editor does not let you set any numeric value to be a function of anything. So once you enter a bounty, that will be it's bounty. But wouldn't some kind of gold-getting sound be enough when you kill a hero, disabling their bounty all together so you don't see a false number over their head on death ect. Better to go one way or the other.

bYo

Reaction score
Well you can simulate it with a floating text GUI action:

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ((String((Level of (Dying unit)) x 5) to (Owner of (Killing unit)))) + g) above (Killing unit) with Z offset 50.00, using font size 12.00, color (0.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 50.00 towards 90.00 degrees
      • Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
      • Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 3.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds

Also add in an animation for the gold.
Trigger:
  • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Dying unit) using UI\Feedback\GoldCredit\GoldCredit.mdl

shazada

Reaction score
WoW.. that's some pretty hardcore stuff there.. Dude nice Job!.. Lets see if it really works :D

shazada

Reaction score
Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ((String((Level of (Dying unit)) x 5) to (Owner of (Killing unit)))) + g) above (Killing unit) with Z offset 50.00, using font size 12.00, color (0.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
[/WC3]

I am trying to make this one.. its pretty complicated :banghead: First i go to "concatenate" there are two strings string1 + string2.. dunno what to do next :confused:

U can tell me here where to go or can you give it in a map?

canons200

Reaction score
Why don't simple turn bounty ON for the respectively player force and edit the creep bounty reward?

Seprest

Reaction score
Why don't simple turn bounty ON for the respectively player force and edit the creep bounty reward?

I think he's trying to make the bounty scale with the hero's level. I believe he is doing this for the gold you get from a hero.

bYo

Reaction score
Well you can simulate it with a floating text GUI action:

Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads ((String((Level of (Dying unit)) x 5) to (Owner of (Killing unit)))) + g) above (Killing unit) with Z offset 50.00, using font size 12.00, color (0.00%, 100.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency

I am trying to make this one.. its pretty complicated :banghead: First i go to "concatenate" there are two strings string1 + string2.. dunno what to do next :confused:

U can tell me here where to go or can you give it in a map?

Ok yes. You've got to make it a Concatenate String. For the first value make it Convert Integer to String and then select Arithmetic. For the first value again select Convert Integer to String and select Unit - Level of Unit (Dying Unit). Then for the second Arithmetic value select 5 and change the sign to X.

Now for the second string simply make it "g". Oh, you'll also want to change the colour to yellow I'm guessing, which should by 100%/100%/0% - although I haven't checked that. For some reason WE does colours in 100% values instead of the regular 255 for RGB colours..

Anyway, see if that works.

shazada

Reaction score
Ok yes. You've got to make it a Concatenate String. For the first value make it Convert Integer to String and then select Arithmetic. For the first value again select Convert Integer to String and select Unit - Level of Unit (Dying Unit). Then for the second Arithmetic value select 5 and change the sign to X.

First I selected Concatenate String > First Value Convert Integer To String > Arithmetic > Then i can't found
"Convert Integer to String"
there is only
"Convert String to Integer"
Value :S am i doing something wrong ?

bYo

Reaction score
Oh right. After Arithmetic, just select Unit - Level of Unit.

I forgot Arithmetic IS in integers.

Just so you know - String = Text, Integer = Whole number (eg. 5, 6), Real = Any number (2.6983)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.