Creeps return to spawnpoint, or keep chasing my ass !

TBear

Reaction score
Dear brothers!

I'm working on some sort of hero defence, where creeps keep spawning, and aim for the "goal" at the other end of the long road.

I'm sure some of you are known to the case, where the spawned creeps(neutral hostile) returns to their original spawnpoint after leaving their Guard Distance. Well, sure this can be fixed by changing the Guard Distance value(Game Constants) to 99999 or so, but then again this will make me another problem: The creeps keep chasing me forever, wherever I run!

Do anyone have a solution for this frustrating puzzle?

WCGMapMaker

Reaction score
Yes its a simple GUI trigger, add in event game start than action for when creeps spawn to have building or whatever it is as primary target, they will only attack hero if it is in visual distance or attacks them. Identical to neutral creeps in ladder almost, i'm away from my desktop so i cant pull up editor to figure out the triggers for you but im pretty sure all you have to do is throw in a trigger giving creeps a primary target, or add in a condition doing something similar, its really easy but i can't do it without pulling up world editor, i get home in 4 hours so if no one else replies ill do it for you then. Or if you don't want to wait you can just scroll through the triggers and do it yourself.

Never_Quit

Reaction score
I would set the creep distance back to normal, and tell the units to attack the point at the base upon entering the spawn region. They will attack things on their way, and leave you alone if you run.

TBear

Reaction score
Thanks for quick response guys!

I tried setting AI to Ignore Guard Positions, but if I'm not wrong, all it does is making the unit restrain from returning to original position after killing another unit. Anyways, if I don't change the value of Guard Distance, they just seem to return anyways.

Though if I change the creeps from neutral hostile to a non-user player, they won't "fall back", but they'll still chase me forever.

@WCGMapMaker
Would be great if you could put together a small trigger that might work :)

WCGMapMaker

Reaction score
Would be glad to, might also have an unprotected hero defense map that i could just give you and you could copy those triggers. Its a 4-way defense map with a building in the center but essentially the same thing, will not chase heros and works well. Ill do either shortly in a couple hours, not to busy here at work but still can't do it here.

Edit: Aww couldnt find the map, would of let you have it to if you wanted to, anyways this is what i got that should work as GUI goes, depends on what exactly you have before it excuse me for not using GUI imput thing, been awhile since i've been on forums ill read up on how to do everything again when i have time.

Event

map initialization

Condition

(Unit-Type of (triggering unit)) equal to unit(pick what type works for buildings too and destructibles)

Action

[unit group] Order (Units in (playable map area)) to attack unit

This is what you need to do, i highlighted everything so you will have to fill the stuff in to equal what you want; it might not be the exact trigger but the same type of trigger, you will find similar ones next to these to guide you into making it exactly how you want. should work hope it helps + rep me at least once so im at 5 som1 :p hate having a gray square.

Edit: and if they only attack that and do not stop to fight your heros which shouldn't happen you can create a second condition to make them attack units in their path as well but maintain action unit as primary target.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.