Custom Hero Creating Building problems!

Fulgore

Reaction score
I am currently making a map, and in it there is 1 main hero for each player which gains levels and experience while serving as the builder unit. Everything was fine, until I tested building a building. I wanted to base it off of the Undead's build style, where you can create it and walk away without having the unit stand there.

So is there some ability I'm missing for the heroes? Or am I unable to use heroes for that?

kirinelf

Reaction score
I assume you managed to get your Hero to be able to build buildings then?

To enable your Hero to summon buildings, in the Object Editor, set the Hero's Stats - Unit Classification to include 'Undead'. That should solve your problem.

Fulgore

Reaction score
Well I tried that and it still starts to build and stops at 4 health out of 40. I made it a Undead class and Worker type. Sooo now what? lol is it cause its a hero too?

kirinelf

Reaction score
Sorry, in that case I can't help you. ^^" I'm not sure if being a Hero would affect it or not. Let's hope someone who knows how will post here.

Fulgore

Reaction score
Ah dang, well thanks for trying. I'll get some screenshots up here soon, maybe that'll help others.

tmow

Reaction score
hey dude idk if u still here its easy
make sure you do 3 things...

give your hero the NORMAL Abilties build undead and Restore...
Then
Go down to the bottom of your object editor and go down to where you see structures built...and place whatever buildings you want there =P

WElcome +D

Nvm they can build but they have to go inside the structure....damm..

Fulgore

Reaction score
Awesome! I figured it out, I had to change the race of the hero to undead! Duh, of course. They were all currently at Human race, hence why they stood their to repair but couldnt since it was an undead building.

Though nobody solved, thanks still, I think you guys helped me figure it out :)

kirinelf

Reaction score
Aha. I'll remember that for future use. I knew Undead was the reason somewhere, but I didn't know they had to actually BE Undead. xD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.