Custom Scripts

M

MoonRazer

whoa thats alot of info to ask for in one thread but i had the same question b4 so i can help u. go to this webpage to get the beginings of Jass in your head.(btw if u didn't know, Custom script is just another name for Jass, the programiing laguage of Wc3.)

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
Well i just found out about the Memory Leak Checker its having me put custom scripts to spot some leaks and i would like to know what they do, so next time i can just do them myself

M

MoonRazer

ok well its very complicated, i understand it but i can't write it very fast, it takes me awhile to do it. all they are are a better and faster GUI(normal triggers). U can call the functions and they have premade functions that u can call at will and u need to take a tuturial or other way of learning or else u could really mess up your game. once i forgot to put and "endfunction" at the end of my function and every time i saved the game would crash and i would loose all data up to the last time i saved. its is very delicate work. good luck with it

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> all they are are a better and faster GUI(normal triggers).
most of them aren't really faster...and they contain much more than normal gui.
> or else u could really mess up your game.
not really, it can only go bad if you forget endfunction, endloop etc. which crashes the editor. that's as bad as it can get.

anyway custom scripts are actually called jass. you have a link to a great tutorial in a post above so start reading.
we also have a forum dedicated to it so if you get stuck anywhere, just ask.

Joker(Div)

Always Here..
Reaction score
oh, so Custom Scipts are just JASS that you can put in GUI? Well i guess i better get busy reading that tut :shades:

I

iNsaNe

custom scripts are one line of JASS that you are able to put with your GUI triggers

i recommend the top link more, i think you can learn more off it, the second one is SFilip's post, where he explains RemoveLocation

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=27219
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showpost.php?p=290228&postcount=12

btw I learned the basic custom scripts for memory leak removing in like 2 days so don't think its hard because its not.

P.S.: you will need variables for some custom scripts. Do you know how to use variables?

Tonks

Reaction score
Move this?

I think this Thread should be moved to the JASS section of the forums.

If you need more help with JASS that what's been said in here, I suggest you read these tutorials: Basics, From GUI to JASS, Introduction to JASS, and once you have the hang of it, Writing Effective Codes. If the tutorials make no sense to you, looking through all the posts in the JASS forum will help a lot, as well. People there have the same problems / interests as you do with JASS, and so you will not need to post your own thing unless what you want to know is posted NOWHERE in the forums. Good luck with learnin' it :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.