Custom spell

vonahs

Reaction score
Ok before ya all crucify me im using my cell phone (not a smart phone) so low capability. Ok if
event - unit cast spell
condition - spell = inner fire

what would action be to make auto cast howl of terror?

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
You mean you want the caster unit to automatically cast the spell howl of terror after casting inner fire? Or you want the unit that has been casted on to automatically cast howl of terror? Is the ability already there or? More information please.

vonahs

Reaction score
First. Thnx for helping me. Ok i want unit to have how of terror but it is not an auto cast ability so i want to use inner fire as dummy spell. Learning how to make custom spells, but having to right it down since unable to use pc at current moment.

LegitShip

Reaction score
You could use the unit begins casting an ability function
ability being cast = inner fire
issue order with no target, then make it where its casting whatever you want it to.
hope that would work.

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
Well auto cast howl of terror isn't a whole lot of information to be honest. Howl of terror lowers the attack of enemy units around the caster when casted. An autocast move would have some sort of effect that activates at some point after the auto cast ability has been turned on. what is your 'auto cast howl of terror' supposed to do? Activate the effect of howl of terror when an enemy unit comes within range? We need more information.

vonahs

Reaction score
yes when units come in range maybe use fairy fire as the dummy spells since it is targets but lower the reange of it.

vonahs

Reaction score
hope fully some one knows how to do this. cuz i cant figure it out. all i want is to turn some spell into auto cast and then learn out to use a spell triger combination to teleport units in a region to a certain area.

Ryushi

Reaction score
Well you're going to have to make a trigger that checks when a unit comes within range of the unit with your auto cast ability on, and then order a dummy unit to cast howl of terror.

skyblader

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within (Range you want) of (Your unit)
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is in UnitGroupVar) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to (Howl)

Trigger:
  • Trigger 2
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(innerfireon))
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Add (Triggering unit) to UnitGroupVar

Trigger:
  • Trigger 3
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(innerfireoff))
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Remove (Triggering unit) from UnitGroupVar

skyblader

Reaction score
No... This makes the unit cast howl, if inner fire is put on autocast, and a unit comes in range of your unit.

In other words, your unit turned autocast on for INNER FIRE, and a unit comes within range of your unit, your unit will automatically cast howl.

Ryushi

Reaction score
Apparently for the A Unit Within Range event, the triggering unit is the one coming within range, so you would have to replace the first trigger with these two:
Trigger:
  • trigger
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Trigger - Add to trigger 2 <gen> the event (Unit - A unit comes within Range of (Picked unit))

Trigger:
  • trigger 2
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is in UnitGroupVar) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Neutral Pit Lord - Howl Of Terror

Though as Skyblade said, this will only make your unit cast Howl of Terror if a unit comes within range while it has Inner Fire on autocast. To get the effect you want, you'll probably need to use a dummy unit. There are tutorials for dummy unit's on the site, you should go take a look at them.

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
I'd suggest using Faerie Fire as a dummy ability and checking when that's casted, then having a dummy Howl. If you use Inner Fire and someone magic-immune comes into range the spell will be wasted.

skyblader

Reaction score
In case you haven't noticed.. What we're doing is not when the spell is casted, but as long as inner fire is on autocast, any unit that come near will trigger the howl.

Cheddar

This is the way it was meant to be.
Reaction score
This is why I need to read threads more closely :/

How are you going to account for cooldowns? If you do it like this it appears you'll need the unit to have both the autocast ability and Howl of Terror.

Ryushi

Reaction score
That's why I suggested using a dummy unit to cast Howl of Terror.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
Well, when Inner Fire is put onto autocast, that would be order(innerfireon). Similarly, turning off autocast is order(innerfireoff) . If you mean the unit casts Howl of Terror instead whenever it tries to cast Inner Fire, then you should do :

Event - A unit casts an ability
Condition - (Ability being cast) equal to Inner Fire
Action - Order (casting unit) to Neutral Pit Lord - Howl of Terror

That means whenever the unit wants to cast Inner Fire on something, it will automatically cast Howl of Terror instead.

Ryushi

Reaction score
If you read the thread, you'll see that we are trying to make Howl of Terror cast when a unit comes within range of a unit with Inner Fire on autocast, not cast Howl of Terror when Inner Fire is cast.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.