Custom spell

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
How about this : whenever a unit is given the order(innerfireon) , add a disabled passive ability to the unit. If the order(innerfireoff) is given, then remove the ability. Howl of Terror will be cast if the unit approached has this disabled ability.

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
That's already been suggested, except with adding units to a Unit Group instead of adding a passive ability. Maybe try reading through the thread to see if your post is going to be of any use.

vonahs

Reaction score
ryushi would u mind making a map with the triggers your talking about so i can see?

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
I think I can make the ability... But would you want it to be able to be manually casted?

vonahs

Reaction score
no i want the unit to be controlled by computer using the issue order move attack to point so the spell have to have auto cast on.

i did get on to work by givgin the unit both fairie fire and howl of terror but i had to manual turn on the autocast.

skyblader

Reaction score
Can you explain in detail..? I kinda lost you.

vonahs

Reaction score
well what i did whats give footman mana than fairie fire and howl of terror. made a trigger that when unit cast spell (spell equal to fairie fire) action would be order casting unit to also cast howl of terror. it worked but when i selected unit for first time, fairie fire was did not have autocast on. is there a trigger that turn autocast on creation of unit? if not then would you mind making a map that has a unit using howl of terror automaticly when enemy is in radius. but do keep in mind that unit type will be created once every 10 seconds. while footman is once every 2 seconds

skyblader

Reaction score
I'm really having troubles understanding you :(

I think you need this, if I'm not wrong.

Trigger:
  • Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
Trigger:
  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Human Priest - Activate Inner Fire

vonahs

Reaction score
that may work, but wont the Lasted creatde unit conflicted with the other create unit triggers?

skyblader

Reaction score
Just put the order - activate inner fire after you create the units. I'm just giving an example.

skyblader

Reaction score
Just turn it on when you create the units, not when units come in range.

Order - Activate innerfire IS turning it on.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
You can also set Faerie Fire to Default Active Ability in the Object Editor. That way the Footman naturally has Faerie Fire on autocast.

vonahs

Reaction score
i tried that in object editor and it didnt turn on auto cast, but i can always try again.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.