Cutom Map Minimap preview HELP!!

killerbuggie

Reaction score
hi guys can u tell me the winmpq thread for how to make TFT like custom minimap preview? like the custom games where they display a pic of something before u start the game...before u goto loading screen. THANKS!

MagnaGuard

Reaction score
Needed Tools
This tutorial is about creating a minimap image in the game setup screen. You will need Warcaft III The Frozen Throne to do this. The only tool required to complete this task is a photo-editing program that can create and save images as TGA files. I am using ULEAD Photo Impact.

ULEAD Photo Impact from ULEAD Website
Creating the Image
The image you create must be of TGA format and either 128x128 or 256x256 pixels in size. 128x128 is highly recommended as this will minimize the overall filesize of your map. What you put in the image is completely up to you, this is very much a creative process. For the purpose of this tutorial, I have created an image using the Warcraft 3 Frozen Throne logo, as seen below.

Image I am using for my minimap.

Importing the Image File
Inside World Editor, load the Import Manager under the Module menu. Click on File, Import and open the TGA file that you have created. Now you need to change the custom path. Double click the item inside the import manager, and check the box that says Use Custom Path. Change the path to "war3mapPreview.tga" with nothing before it and proper case.

You're done! This is what mine looks like when I test my map.

Finished minimap image.

hope this is what you need!

mordocai

Reaction score
>You will need Warcaft III The Frozen Throne to do this.
Unless RoC has an importer im afraid your skrewed

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.