%Damage increase mark

DeeVee

Reaction score
Is there an ability that you can cast on a targeted enemy that will make that enemy take a certain % more damage from ranged attacks for a duration? If not is there a way to trigger it to get the same effect? If so how do I trigger it?

I want the ability to have 5 levels starting with 50%/60%/70%/80%/90% more damage last 15 seconds.

Shura

Reaction score
I can't think of any ability off the top of my head that would do this, but I know a simple way to trigger it. Create any ability based off of Trueshot Aura, adjust it to what you want, and remove all the effects from it. Then put the Trueshot Aura into a disabled Spell book. Then you would use this trigger.
Trigger:
  • trigger
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has buff Your Buff) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Spellbook to (Attacking unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Remove Spellbook from (Attacking unit)
          • Unit - Remove Trueshot Aura buff from (Attacking unit)

What this trigger does is whenever a unit is attacked, if it has the buff your ability would apply, it would give the attacking unit Trueshot Aura, which would increase the ranged damage.

Shura

Reaction score
I don't think it would. If you need your ability to stack, it would require a bit more work.

DeeVee

Reaction score
Ok because trueshot aura is already a possible ability on a friendly hero so I was thinking of a debuff that I can check for then do something like this:

Trigger:
  • Actions
    • Unit - Set life of (Triggering unit) to ((Life of (Triggering unit)) - (0.50 x (Damage taken)))

But the problem with that is the Damage Taken only responds to an event like this:

Trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - Archer 0007 <gen> Takes damage

And that has to be a Specific Unit Event which idk how to set the unit with the debuff to that event.

DeeVee

Reaction score
I could use Faerie Fire and reduce armor? But I don't know how much armor I would have to reduce to get my 50%/60%/70%/80%/90% increase.. and that damage would be taken from all attack types right?

Shura

Reaction score
Laiev meant that giving a different buff to Trueshot aura would allow it to stack with your other Trueshot aura.

DeeVee

Reaction score
There is a problem with the trueshot aura. for example. Arbalist 1 attacking creep 1 and arbalist 2 attacking creep 2... I put debuff on creep 1 giving arbalist 1 the aura buff making his attack 50% stronger and everyone around him (because I want all ranged attacks from any unit to hit the target for 50% more damage) . . . but arbalist 2 is still attacking creep 2 but gets the buff for it anyway

Shura

Reaction score
The way my trigger would work is any unit attacking the target with the debuff will get Trueshot Aura for when it is attacking that target only. This does what you want it to do.

DeeVee

Reaction score
Oh your right lol. . . I'll try it tomarrow to sleep at the moment. +rep for the time being :)

DeeVee

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Arbalists Mark
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has buff Arbalist's Mark (Target)) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Add Arbalist's Mark (Mark) to (Attacking unit)
          • Unit - Set level of Arbalist's Mark (Mark) for (Attacking unit) to (Level of Arbalist's Mark for (Attacking unit))
          • Unit - Remove Arbalist's Mark (Mark) from (Attacking unit)
        • Else - Actions

That is what I put and when i tested it seemed to work for the first level but I'll have to do more tests for the other 4 levels.

Whisky

Reaction score
You could also try using "elune's grace" with negative values and add it to the marked unit, though I have no idea does it work.

Difference would be that the attacking unit would not get suddenly increased attack bonus, which might look funny and mislead the player if the attacker isn't attacking anything soon after the marked unit.

HellCraft

Reaction score
Auras with the same base ability don't stack.
AFAIK the defend ability of human footman reduces damage from ranged attacks, probably try adding that to the target and set the values to negative. Don't forget to force the target to turn defend on.

Handless

Reaction score
Auras with the same base ability don't stack.

I think auras stack with different buffs, as Laiev said.

AFAIK the defend ability of human footman reduces damage from ranged attacks, probably try adding that to the target and set the values to negative. Don't forget to force the target to turn defend on.

And what if it is player controllable unit?

You should use elune's grace, like Whisky mentioned.

HellCraft

Reaction score
I think auras stack with different buffs, as Laiev said.
Maybe they do, have to test it.

And what if it is player controllable unit?

You should use elune's grace, like Whisky mentioned.
Not sure if it will work but, try to remove the ability after you order the unit to turn it on, maybe the damage increase wont be removed, not sure though. If you works, you can give the ability back, turn off the and remove the ability and the end of the duration.
Yeah, Elune's Grace will probably work too.

DeeVee

Reaction score
I think your right whisky the elunes grace would mostlikely work just looking at it in object editor. I'll test it out because my trigger doesnt seem to work for multiple levels.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.